Chapter 218 - Shot heared around The World

Chapter Cover: Eve holding a revolver within her hand as she was dressed as a cowboy.

I returned to the guild hall after speaking with Mui. What he had revealed to me was troubling news. While I don't care much for the Dark Guilds that existed across Fiore, for them to be suddenly dropping off the radar one after the other like that was the cause of some concern and what was most troubling was that they were part of the Sub-branches of Tartaros.

Hellfire, one of the guild that I crossed paths with in the past is one of such guilds thought it had completely disbanded after my last cross with them. While it wasn't uncommon for dark guilds to fight among themselves for standing and power, this felt too methodical to be a simple struggle for power among them.

Then if it wasn't a struggle for power...then what was it? Could Tartaros really be responsible for the strange disappearances that were going on?

The Gates of the Netherworld...

"Now that's a mighty serious face you have there ,"

I blinked out of my thoughts turning my attention toward the voice that had spoken. Standing across me was none other than Sakura herself. The girl had a small smile upon her face as she stood there looking toward my general direction. She had on some cut-off jeans upon her body and a white shirt that didn't even cover her midriff. Her hair was into a ponytail as she approached me.

"Sakura," I smiled, "It's been a while."

The girl took me into a hug, "I know. It's been a long time since we sister caught up but at least this isn't the time. I'm going on a Job soon with Laxus and the Thunder Legion."

I was surprised.

"You're working with Laxus now?" I said raising my eyebrows, "When did that happen?"

Sakura smiled.

"Ever and I became quick friends," she said, "It seems that she wanted to have another girl tag-along and we always found some sort of common ground."

"Well then," I said shrugging my shoulders, "I'll be looking forward to your return so we can go by Miyu's place and have a nice dinner together."

Sakura smirked.

"That' be great," she said, "These past seven years they have been some good lacrima films that you have to watch."

I made a face.

"Can you let it be not romance genres," I said.

Sakura raised an eyebrow.

"And here I was thinking of inviting you and your girlfriend over too," she said.

I stared at her shocked at how casually she said that last part.

"How do you know about that?"

"Miyu told me," Sakura said, "When were you going to tell me anyway?"

"I was going to...honest," I stressed when I saw her skepticism, "It's just...we haven't really talked about that yet...you know, about telling people that we are in a relationship...thought there are already people in the guild that knew long before I could tell them."

Sakura shook her head.

"But at least," I continued looking at her, "Now you know."

"Yeah," Sakura said, "Now I know...anyway, you are going to invite her to the dinner alright. I need to get to know her better..."

I gave her a confused look.

"Miyu didn't tell you who it is?"

Sakura shook her head.