#6 Truth or Drink

~ Better Than You - Nick Alexandr ~
🖤

"I think you should try and get over Grey. He and Josie never should've slept together five months ago under any circumstance. Just try and get over him, give it time to work. If it doesn't go back." Cam's voice echoes through my Macbook speakers.

I sigh, nodding. It's been a week since Grey and I had that conversation. I know he was under a lot of stress and pressure. It's probably scary finding out someone you love didn't actually die.

But I don't know if I can forgive him for sleeping with her... at all. He left me in the dark to comfort her even though she lied all along.

It's not fair to me but his situation isn't fair to him either.

"Just try and hang in there babe. I know it's hard," Cam sighs as she tries to sympathize with my emotions.

I nod. "They want to go to some party tonight, still debating it," I tell her. 'They' as in Hope and Ryder. "Doubt Grey will be there, Emmett isn't going."

I look over to my closet. The door is closed, but I imagine what's already in there that I could wear. "It's like a Europhoria themed rave, or something." I mumble trying to remember the details. But what could I wear?

"Wear the teal sparkly dress I got you for new years! That you didn't wear on new yearssss!" she drawls. I think about it for a split second. It's perfect. I turn back to Cam. "Perfect. And I will wear it this time."

I shake my head and look at the time. Before I know it, Hope burts into my room. "LET'S GET READY TO HIT THIS BITCH!" She holds up a bottle of tequila in one hand and vodka in the other. "OH Hi Cam." She smiles and waves to my laptop.

"Drunk Hope, hii," Cam laughs. "Alright I have to go, I'll catch you later Harley. Bye Cam." Camryn hangs up the call and I close my laptop. I turn to Hope who Cam was right about, she is already drunk.

She pushes out both bottles towards me. "Pre-game. Tequila or Vodka." Her precious smile throws me off and I just laugh while taking the vodka bottle.

We spend the next few hours drinking, blaring music, dancing and getting ready. "You have to wear heeeeelss. These oness." Hope slurs her words as she speaks to me. She's had way too much for pre-gaming.

"I can't, I'm too dizzy." I mumble to myself. Ryder knocks on the door before peeking his head in. His eyes squint as he widens the door and stands tall in front of us. Looking down, he examines us.

He shakes his head, "fuck seriously. You guys are really going to make me designated driver before the night even starts," he chuckles. He places his arms over both our shoulders guiding us out as we hold out heels in our hands.

Hope is giggly most of the car ride, me on the other hand. I stare out the window and examine the trees. By the time we get to the place, it's packed. It's a huge air bnb with a pool but I don't plan on swimming.

I put on my heels and Hope's for her since I'm the least sober of the both of them. Ryder leads us up the door steps and we walk through the door, one at a time. With myself following behind.

I scream as I feel myself being lifted off my feet. "LIL H!" My hands plant on broad shoulders and I look down to see someone I haven't seen in a while. Except his hair is different. Not just black anymore but one half split to white.

I ruffle my hand through his hair as he slowly places me down. "JET! You need a haircut." We both reach in for a hug and Jet plants a kiss on the top of my head.

"And you need to sober up," he retorts as he helps stabilize my drunk balancing attempts. I smile sweetly and look around him. "Zion couldn't make it, just me. But I do have to go see my parents now but I will see you tomorrow." He pulls me in for one more long hug before he leaves.