two

2
end credits (lizzie suite) by jeff russo

"Exhale." Priscilla, Adeline's handmaiden says, looking at her through the reflection of the mirror in front of them.

"I can't." Adeline says amongst stifled laughs, her hands placed on her stomach for support as the woman tied the silk pink corset tighter and tighter.

Priscilla frustratedly begins to untie the corset she'd spent the past few minutes tying. "I thought we had a fitting for this exact reason last week." She says.

Adeline combed through her curled blonde hair with her fingers, only for Priscilla to swat them away. "Halwich has made two tracle tarts since then. It would be rude of me to let that go to waste." She retorts.

Priscilla glances up at Adeline with a displeased look, that soon fell into a faint smile. "I did good on your hair." She compliments herself.

Her hair was pulled up onto the crown of her head in a simple, loose bun, and her face was framed with tight ringlets. Baby blue ribbons and pink flowers were intertwined with the blonde curls.

"Exhale?" Priscilla says, more hesitant this time.

Adeline let's out a short breath. It wasn't much, but it at least there was airflow. "Better." She says, turning around to grab her dress off her bed.

Priscilla helps her slip it on over her head. It was a soft pink silk gown with a rectangular bodice with short sleeves. The waist sat right under her breasts and the skirt fell straight to the floor. The hem was decorated with ornate butterflies, reminiscent of her Patronus which she first conjured at only fifteen years old.

As Priscilla pinned the back of her dress together, and slipped Adeline's white gloves on her arms, the girl's eyes trailed over to the stack of papers on her desk.

Her ink bottle was completely empty. Every last drop was used on that story that Dugdale Cuffe barely even glanced at. All she wanted was to march right back over there and tell him that The Daily Prophet hadn't had a single good column since she was ten years old and they covered Baruffio's Brain Elixir being snuck into people's fire whiskey. And even then it was bad.

A knock came from the door and slowly tore her eyes away from the paper to see who it was. She tried to remind herself that she should enjoy herself tonight, and worry about that tomorrow. That after all her unnecessarily hard work, she deserved a night of fun.

Priscilla opened the door to reveal Halwich in his small, tattered sock that he claimed was more comfortable than it looked. He peaked inside, unsure if he should come in or not. He looked at Priscilla who gave him a nod of welcome.

Halwich turned to Adeline. "Your father is downstairs waiting in the carriage." He carried her purple cloak in his arms, holding up as much of the fabric as possible as to not let it drag on the floor.

Adeline smiled and nodded, walking over to him and bending down to accept the cloak. "Thank you, Halwich."

"What do you think he's like?" Priscilla asked, slipping Adeline's cloak over her arms.

Halwich looked to Adeline, awaiting the answer himself.

"Who?" She asked.