Eyes

Viscountess Kate Bridgerton watched the ballroom carefully, she had always been an observant woman, and now as Anthony's wife she made sure that at the balls she organized everything was in order.

Suddenly her gaze fell on one of her brothers-in-law, Colin was talking to Penelope Featherington, nothing new. Although since his return from his last trip, she had noticed a change in him. He used to dance with her mostly and wouldn't leave her side only if necessary. His interest in the youngest of the Featherington sisters was obvious to everyone, even if he is not exactly aware of it.

Or maybe he is , because while Penelope was talking, Colin 's gaze strayed discreetly to the girl's cleavage. He nodded and answered when he should, he looked up when she looked at him, but as soon as the girl turned around, his gaze returned to perch on her voluptuous forms while he licked her lips.

Smiling, she found Benedict walking past her, took his arm and pulled him to her side.

" What can I do for you dear sister? "

" I need you to invite Miss Featherington to dance, I want to chat with your brother. "

Benedict watched the couple and realized Kate's intentions, his brother's gaze was totally indiscreet.

" With pleasure dear sister. "

They both walked towards the couple, greeting the guests until they reached the corner where Colin and Penelope were.

" Miss Featherington. Will you grant me this dance? "

" Of course , Mr. Bridgerton " she smiled at him kindly " Excuse me. "

Penelope bowed and took Benedict's hand, who led her out onto the dance floor. Kate settled down next to Colin and taking his arm, she put on an adorable smile as she whispered.

" Are you enjoying the night? "

"Of course," he replied , still watching Penelope dance with Benedict, "your parties are always wonderful, dear sister."

"Thank you, but I think you're enjoying yourself too much. "

"What do you mean?" He turned to look at her , confused.

"Because you spend a lot of time admiring Miss Featherington, even though her eyes are a little higher than your gaze usually focuses."

Colin had the decency to blush and clear his throat as he shifted uncomfortably, Kate kept the smile from her face.

"You should be more discreet dear brother, people may think that you have an interest in courting Miss Featherington and as I understand it, it is something you made clear that it would never happen" She saw how her brother-in-law turned even redder "Although the way you look at her it borders on the sinful. Imagine if other gentlemen notice her too and decide to do something about it."

Just as the melody ended, Kate walked away with a smile, hoping that Colin would finally react. She sh ould start planning a wedding, Colin couldn't resist the temptation much longer.

A month later, she was at Colin and Penelope's wedding.