thank you

~~~~~~~~

No matter how many times I do this, I'm still a little blown away at the end. By them, by you, and a little bit by myself, too. Similar to Pirouette, I have a few thank yous; some to you and some to them.

To you:

In short, thank you for reading. My words are one of the most important things to me. I hold them so closely and so preciously, and sharing them is scary.  Especially when they're read over 9,000 times. So, thank you for all of the love that you give to me and that you give to them.

I wrote this entirely out of self interest - I have always had an affinity for the 'greaser' era, and there's something incredibly special to me about the duality of human beings. Ducky comes off hard, but is the gooiest sweetie pie. Ladybug comes off innocent and angelic, but has a harder, grittier layer underneath, too. All parts of them felt like pieces of who I am or who I was or who I wish I could be. Plus some hair grease and a motorcycle or two. I love them and all of their pieces, and I'm grateful that others do too.

This story was supposed to just be a fun little thing that I wrote over the summer when I had some free time, but it very quickly became more and meant more than that. I've always been scared of being too many things at once so I've become accustomed to hiding different sides of myself to avoid an overflow. In effect, I hide until there's nothing there and I can shrink away into the background. I think, with these guys, I wanted to play with the idea of being everything at the same time, all the time. And maybe it's not such a bad thing to be? I think maybe there's something really pure and really brave about existing in the center of everything all at once. They've changed me, just like I knew they always would, and I hope they've affected you right back in some shape or form. Even if just for a smile here and there.

And, to them:

Deli,
Strong angel woman. My Ladybug. You are so timid, and so powerful, and your never-ending conundrum is my favorite thing about you. So many times while I was writing you, I felt like I was writing two different characters. And maybe that's because you're so much feeling and emotion and life that you can't exist in just one dimension. I am proud of you for your endless love, and for your bravery, and for your stubbornness. I am inspired by your ability to stand up for yourself and to live your life according to your own path. I love you. Your spots flutter through with each and every breeze.

Stinger,
My sweet, sweet, Ducky. Who would've guessed that my tough, hard greaser would be such a delicate flower? (Me. I would've guessed that.) Your evolution was my favorite to write, as you shed away fear and worked through trauma to exist as you are for yourself, for The Wasps, for Deli. I am endlessly proud of you. Your past is tricky, and it feels like we barely scratched the surface of what makes you who you are. I wish I could draw out the rest of your life with your Ladybug, because it's nothing short of what you deserve after all that you've been through. You exist forever with me, on earth, where you belong. Thank you for being such a trooper, and for working so hard to get back to who you were before the TBI. I love you so much.

Nor and Dot, and The Wasps,
The best friends that I could have ever asked for, for my angels. Thank you for loving them through everything, and supporting them always. You each are so dynamic and I wish I could praise each of you until I'm blue in the face.
Special shoutout to Jack-in-the-Box for being such an irresistible, sweet, hunk of a man, am I right, ladies?

Theo & Marion,
Parents of the year, honestly. That's all I have to say about that.

And, as always. Fuck Stan.

I love you all endlessly, and I can't thank you enough for loving them and supporting me. Be safe, wear your helmet. Thumbs up. Stay Gold.

~~~~~~~~

See you later, alligator!