"Why Mother?"

A/N Before anyone gets confused, Scara is not a Fatui Harbinger at this point. AND THIS IS UNFINISHED BECAUSE I LITERALLY HAVE NO IDEAS ATP

***

This place... so familiar...

Why does it feel like I've been here..?

....

I remember now...

...This is my mothers house...

***

"Puppet wake up." ? turned towards the voice of his mother, the Raiden Shogun.

"Its The Balladeer to you." He tried to turn away from the electric anger pouring out of his so called mother.

"Oh.. is it now.. Puppet.." The Balladeer looked up her stone cold eyes. Filled with determination to get rid of me.

"You were supposed to be the perfect subject.. but you grew feelings." His mother flashed her gaze somewhere else before staring right back into her sons eyes.

"I heard some people saying they were looking for you... but they called you Scaramouche and Scara, did they not?" Scara turned his head away, he felt hopeless in this situation. The chains held on tightly to his wrists, almost as if he was in the wall. 

"They did. What about it, Ei." Scara flashed his eyes towards Ei. His words slowly meaning nothing towards the eternity seeking look his so called mother had.

"You were supposed to treat me like a son!! You only treat me like a puppet!!" Raiden shook her head. 

"You were supposed to be a puppet! You were meant to take my gnosis and help me reach my goal of eternity!! But you messed that up too! You just had to get human feelings!" Scara shook his head.

"You GAVE me those emotions by treating me the way you did!" Scara yelled, knowing his words meant nothing against his mother.

"Oh really? Well I guess I should just make a different puppet. You are quite useless sitting here rotting." With that, Scara was knocked out. His blood splattering everywhere when he hit the ground. His purple hair slowly being painted red. He knew this was gonna happen. He almost longed for the sweet release of the death coming upon him, yet he was just unlucky, as always.

"Hello!!~~" A sweet voice sung out, it sounded like a little girl, but Scara's vision was too blurry to tell.

"Are you okay?" He could tell this voice sounded older than a young girl, this one was probably in her teens.

"Yes. I am completely fine." Scara listened to his surroundings, it sounded refreshing, a lot of water falling, and a loud rushing of water roaring through his ears as he awoke, and gained his vision. 

"Can you lead me to the Grand Narukami Shrine?" Scara asked. The girl looked at Scara confused, although he still could not see clearly. He probably lost a ton of blood.

"Im sorry, you're on Watasumi Island, you were floating in the water and almost drowned!" Scara's vision cleared up and then he saw it, it was infact NOT a little girl, he was looking at Sagonomiya Kokomi, the leader of Watasumi Island.

"Oh uhm.. is there anyway you can take me there?" He couldn't believe this is who he was talking to.

"Well, first we have to make sure you're okay before that journey, it looks like you've lost quite a bit of blood." Kokomi smiled, but her face slowly cringed as Scara started bleeding again. Although Kokomi is new to Watasumi Island, she was already making a name for herself. The only reason Scara knows about her is because one of the many times Ei had mentioned to him.

"Lets get you washed up!" Kokomi said. Obviously she wouldn't know who he was, but he was sure her soldiers would.

"Ah no really it's fine-" Kokomi flipped her body around to face Scara.

"..." The silence echoed throughout as the water rushed.

"What are you scared of to not get help when you obviously couldn't see me for a good minute when you awoke?" Scara decided he would tell her.

"Well.. I was supposed to be the Raiden Shoguns 'puppet'.. but uhm... shes the reason why I'm like this.. and I'm afraid that people think I'm a horrible person like my m- Raiden Shogunate- the Grand Narukami Shrine is run by Yae Miko, and she knows the Raiden Shogun personally, and I want to talk to her before she thinks I'm a terrible person.." Kokomi just smiled a little bit.

"I already knew all of that, I know who you are Scaramouche, the kids around Watasumi think you're a great person, and my generals and soldiers respect you for taking up all that work." Scara smiled.

"Alright, I guess it couldn't hurt to get a little help..." Kokomi smiled.

"Lets go before you bleed out again!" Scara laughed and followed Kokomi. Scara is so many more years older than Kokomi. His mother only made his presence feel new since he only was able to go out recently to greet people and be better than his mother.

Scara and Kokomi got to the living quaters of her generals. They were immediatly swarmed by the sheer amount of soldiers that were there.

"HEY!! Let her through! Im about to bleed out." Everyone stared at Scara, he suddenly felt so much more nervous than before.

"What- why is he here?" Kokomi sighed.

"Let me explain it to you after I heal him up." Everyone nodded and let her through, as well as Scara.

"I'm sorry about them, they don't understand personal space." Kokomi laughed.

"Your Excellency!!" A soldier came running in.

"Please remove him from Watasumi Island, he has direct connections to the Raiden Shogun and could EASILY mess up our plans!!" Kokomi cupped her hands on her face.

"Please leave, if he really wanted to do more harm than good, he could've done it by now, but he couldn't see me for the first 10 minutes that I talked to him. He didn't know it was me until he insisted to go back to Narukami Island." Kokomi smiled.

"Dont worry, I know what I'm doing." Kokomi dismissed the soldier and helped Scara get wrapped up, and brand new clothing.

"Thank you... I appreciate your kindness.." Scara said. He felt small again, he felt free. Scara felt like he could do anything right now. Even though he actually couldnt.

"So, what happened besides getting kicked out, no one has heard anything about you for months until now." Scaramouche closed his eyes, remembering everything that he had experienced, and prepared to spill everything. 

"My mother, the Raiden Shogun, is not as kind and caring to me as everyone seems to think. She.. well.. she tortured me, and then threw me into the water, I'm guessing, hoping to drown me." He paused, staring at Kokomis confused face, and saddened face, "Im sure it was my fault, I was being annoying.." Kokomi held onto Scaramouches shoulders.

"No matter how annoying someone might be, they definitely do not deserve that!" Scaramouche looked into Kokomis eyes, not believing her.

"You out of all people definitely don't deserve that. Not ever." Scaramouche started tearing up, but he held the tears in, thinking of how Kokomi might take advantage of his weak point, and use it against him and his mother.

"I mean it, I really do." Kokomi said, finishing up with the wounds. 

"Oh... uhm.. thanks.." Scaramouche felt like he didn't deserve kind words from anyone, especially Kokomi, so he thanked Kokomi for patching him up, and then left on his own, without anyone knowing.

"..." The ride to Narukami island was silent, afterall, he was by himself on this boat. He cried a little bit before he had to calm down and get out of the boat, and find Yae. He got stares everywhere he went, but he went to a quiet, deserted area of Narukami. 

"Well well well, what do we have here? The Raiden Shoguns son." Scaramouche looked up to see Il Dottore, otherwise known as 'The Doctor.' He was second of the eleven Fatui Harbingers.

"Will you be my new experiment?" Scaramouche looked him in the eyes. 

"Why should I? No one came to save me before, so why now?" He rolled his eyes, Scaramouche was scared of the harbinger, but Dottore could care less if Scaramouche wanted a choice.

"Come on, why look for the people who abandoned you, and come with me, where no one can tell you what to do besides the Tsaritsa! I could make you into an archon to beat your own mother!" Scaramouche darted his eyes towards Dottore. There was no way this could be true, yet he wanted to believe it was.

"..Fine, you've struck yourself a deal." Dottore smiled widely. He laughed and smiled.

"I knew you'd come around. Lets go." Scaramouche stopped Dottore.

"Only if I can be called, 'The Balladeer.'" Dottore smiled.

"If thats the only requirement, then I've struck a pretty fancy deal with you." Scaramouche smiled and went with Dottore. 

"Why is he still alive?!" The Raiden Shogun yelled to herself after Kokomis visit.

"He wasn't meant to be alive!!" Ei walked around her place with anger fueling her.