Christmas with Mondstadt (Male MC)

A/N (I started writing this before Christmas) I AM SO EXCITED FOR CHRISTMAS ALSO IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE I AM SHIPPING EITHER DILUC OR KAEYA WITH AETHER BUT IM NOT I JUST WANT THEM TO HAVE A FRIENDSHIP CONNECTION UNLIKE IN THE GAME

3rd POV

"Hmm..." Aether walked through Dragonspine with the soft crunch of snow below him. Christmas time was coming soon, and he didn't get to spend it with Lumine for the second year in a row.

"Lumine..." As Aether was traveling through Springvale, which is usually quite warm and bright, it was cold and dim. The usual cookouts and hunting was nowhere to be seen. It started to snow outside. It was strange for him since it had not snowed last year in Mondstadt, especially in Springvale.

"Aether!!" Aether flipped around to see Amber crashing down with her wind glider.

"Whats up?" Aether replied. Amber cracked a smile, but Aether could tell she had no idea if it was good or bad.

"Jean needs us at the HQ, lets go!!" Amber dragged Aether before he could say anything. When they got there, Jean was waiting worridly for them.

"Oh thank goodness you guys are here! I can't find Kaeya anywhere!!" Aether stood silently as Amber did most of the talking.

"I need you guys to help me decorate Mondstadt before it gets any colder." Jean paused, "can you guys help?" Jean smiled awkwardly

"Ah- uh- I have a commission in Liyue I need to take care of, I'll look for Kaeya on my way there though-" Aether said, not wanting Jean to get suspicious of him. He hated spending Christmas without Lumine.

"Okay, tell me if you find him- Well, actually you wont need to, he'll come here if you send him. Oh well, bye Traveler!!" Aether waved goodbye as he ran out the building. He bumped into Kaeya as he ran out.

"Ah hello traveler." Aether quickly apologized.

"Whats the rush?" Kaeya said calmly.

"I need to go take care of a commission in Liyue, but Jean needs you! I got to go!" Aether tried to run off, but Kaeya grabbed him.

"What's actually wrong? We can go somewhere more private if you'd prefer." Kaeya suggested. Aether knew he had to tell someone, but he wasn't sure if Kaeya was the right person.

"Somewhere more private would be nice.." Kaeya lead the way as Aether gloomily followed behind.

"So whats wrong traveler?" Aether sighed. He had kept his real name quiet for so long, and Lumines as well. Aether had a feeling Kaeya knew who the Abyss princess was anyways. He had mentioned it before.

"Well... as you know, there is an abyss princess..." Kaeya nodded his head.

"Yeah, I mentioned that to you awhile back. A year ago was it?" Aether nodded his head.

"So... My sister is the abyss princess, and her name is Lumine... mine is Aether, though I've just been telling everyone to call me traveler because it felt more natural to be known as someone I wasnt..." Aether spilled to Kaeya. He smiled warmly.

"Im glad I was the person you told about this, I think I used to know your sister, a long long time ago. Believe it or not... Albedo and I are from Khaenri'ah." Aether shot his head up and looked at Kaeya.

"Before Mondstadt was Mondstadt, as you may or may not know, it was Khaenri'ah. Albedo and I know who had ruled Khaenri'ah, even as some from that time can't remember. I was what used to be an abyss mage, but I only got the powers of an abyss mage after fighting with Diluc. Thats when I got my vision, and now I have powers similar to an abyss mage. Albedo is just a synthetic human from Khaenri'ah." Kaeya paused as Aether listened with great patience, "Khaenri'ah was ruled by yours truely, Princess Lumine." Aether looked at Kaeya with a joy that had not been seen in such a long time.