Chapter 4: Mother

"Pain is another type of pleasure"

——

The unsettling feeling, filled inside of me as I sat in the now empty mansion. The crowd had been kicked out, the empty cans and plastic cups still remained scattered on the ground. But that was the least of anyones care at the moment.

"I told you she's just a school girl, look at the scene she created." Cammy spat out, her anger clear in her voice. I had enough of her bad mouthing me as if I was not here, I did not know her well but I could tell she despised me.

"Can you stop, you have been at my throat the moment we met in the kitchen. I do not ever know you." I spat right back at her, stand up from the couch I had been sitting on. Her palms clenched into a fist as she approached me violently, but Noah stood in front of me pushing her back.

"Enough, Cammy you touch a single strand on her hair and I promise you not even my brother will be able to find your dead body." He threatened, this instantly silenced her. Josh approached pulling her back from an angry Noah, who turned around showing me just how angry and upset he was with my act.

"Leave." He yelled and instantly all the men that had been in the room stood up to leave until no one but the two of us remained, I could feel the wrath even before it came. His hands wrapped around my arms in a tight grip pulling me to him, until I was pressed against him.

"Noah-" He cut my words of by speaking over me.
"I leave you for five minutes and you find yourself grinding on another man." He growled out angrily, I flinch at his harsh words but could I blame him that was exactly what I was doing.

"You left me, no. correction you ditched me Noah. It was just a dance, it meant nothing. I just wanted to feel involved and not sulking in the corner surrounded by people I don't even know. Bruce was there." I tried to justify but I knew no matter what I said it would just go into one ear of his and come out of the other.

"Bruce? So your on first name basis now?" He asked with his eyebrows arched, I wanted to scoff from everything I had said his possessive self only captured the part that I knew his name.
"He goes to the same school as me of course I'd know his name." I spoke up, he shook his head releasing me his fingers combing through his hair.

"Is he the guy that was flirting with you?" I stiffened at his question instantly knowing the answer was going to anger him further, I summed up my courage preparing for the worst.

"Yes." Instantly the near by vase flew into the air and smashed into pieces near the nearest wall, I gasped taking a step back.
"Fuck." He yells out, I wanted to approach him but I did not want to egg on his anger. I knew he would never hurt me, physically.

"Noah, please calm down. It was just a dance, please." My voice had become low, almost a whisper but he had seemed to hear it because he turned to look at me and the anger almost disappeared as he approached me he cupped my face in his arms leaning his forehead against me.

"Your mine, Alice. The image of his hands on you, it angers me. I'm sorry for getting angry." His voice was much more calmer, my arms wrap around his waist and he let's go of my face pulling me closer until my head laid against his chest. I knew dating a mafia leader was not going to be easy, but I knew he cared for me.

"I'm yours, Noah. All yours." I whispered, before pulling away I tiptoed reaching just below his lips. He leaned down connecting our lips, my arms wrapped around his neck deepening it.

"Never pull that stunt on me again," he warned making me smirk but I knew better than fuming his now dissolved anger.
"Never." I said and he hummed, liking my response.

"Let me drop you home." He said and I nodded my head, it was already passed four am and I was glad it was the weekend. He extended his hands for me which I gladly took ahold off, he didn't know but I was falling deeply in love with him. It scared me that he did not feel the same, and this possessiveness was just a mere case of affection and he'd grow bored off.

Leading me outside, we were welcomed by Malcolm who was Noah's younger brother by a year. I felt Noah tense beside me, making me tilt my head in wonder to why he was tensing at the presence of his own brother.

The atmosphere around us was almost suffocating with the unsaid words, they just gazed at each other.

"Word has gotten to mother." Was all Malcolm said to clench Noah's jaws, it reminded me of Cammy's words. Was Noah hiding something from me? It was impossible to read from the blank look Noah gave.
"I made my decision clear to her and I stand by it." He said continuing to walk, leaving a stilled Malcolm behind. My lips curved down into a frown, but I decided not to say anything.

"You know you have no other choice, if you want to be the Mafia King." This stilled Noah, his hands which had been intertwined with mine dropped before he turned around and I followed right behind him.
"I will speak to her." Noah said and Malcolm scoffed, my eyes widened slightly. No one had ever dared to scoff at Noah, to afraid to be buried six feet in the ground.

"She knows you will, she's waiting for you." I looked between the two unsure what was going on, but I feared that the news would tear us apart.
"Micheal will take you home, Alice." Noah stated making me turn to look at him, his mood was like a bipolar one moment he was soft, kind and loving and the next he was cold and distance.

"Noah-"
"GO, ALICE."