Dead Life: Intro & Teaser

For new readers, this is a continuation of Dead Love. If you'd like to read book one, then go on ahead to my profile and look under my works. You can also follow me for more updates on the book as well.

For my familiar readers, welcome back! I hope you are excited to start seeing how life unravels in DC for everyone.

Dead Life is taking place in an apocalyptic Washington DC, following onto a torturous journey across sea (As you can see in the book cover)

I have already been working on a few of the chapters. Some of them are already done and completely edited although this book will not be released till 2016.

Here, is a teaser for you all. It might not make sense to new readers so please, read book one before reading this teaser.

+++

I hear a leaf crack under the pressure of a foot. I bend down behind a bush and stare into the trees. A gust of wind blows over me and I hear the footsteps come closer and closer to me. I feel hands grasp my shoulders and I grip my knife. I turn my head to see Carl smiling behind me.

"What are you doing?" I harshly whisper.

"Coming to checkup on you." He says laughing. I let my knife go and stand up with a smile. I turn my body to him.

"It's not funny." I say, smiling. He holds my cheeks and meets my lips. I continue to smile as the kiss deepens. His hands slide down to my waist and I grab his neck. I take a deep breath and continue to kiss my love.

"Mama." I hear Kyla's soft voice say. I let go of Carl and see her standing next to us. Her light brown hair is down on her shoulders, her light blue dress has brand new muddy spots.

"Kyla, I told you not to play in the mud." I say with a smile as I kneel down and try to wipe off the mud.

"I told you, too." Carl says from behind.

"I was bored." She tells me in a usual three year old voice. I pick her up and hold her close.

"We should get back." I tell Carl. He nods and we start to walk towards the gates.

+++

You will have to wait till 2016 to read the rest! Sorry about that.

I can't wait to start updating this book and see more comments from my friendly readers!

Love you all!

~Izzysam