Lullaby

They went inside and started to unpack. Rico is the easiest in setting up, since all he has is a mic and his voice. He helped Lily set the drums then he proceeded to get the guitar cables for Sam. The two veteran musicians stared at the young Sam on how she prepares and plays her performance if ever. She begins by warming up her wrists, fingers, the whole hands and both arms and shoulders. She shook them off gently to loosen up. Sam started to tune her guitar by playing one of the song she usually plays for start in, which is a metal song, called Symphony of Destruction. The two went to the vibe after and Sam was a little surprised because of that. She still continued the riffs and little picking here and there. Sam is concentrating a little to not screw up, that is the last thing she wanted right now. Rico's voice has a different take from the singing of the original vocalist, but it is very enjoyable to listen. He doesn't have that level of roughness but it is still on point in a different way. Lily is really pounding the drums like no tomorrow, not like the typical female drummers that has grace. She is just going all out but still has the groove. Sam is starting to get on to the song and goes on the lead solo. She always imagines herself on the stage wherever she plays. It gives her the drive to perform in full effort as mistakes on stage is a no tolerance to her.

In the final pound of the drums and strum of the guitar, Sam felt the exhilarating high but this has a lot of meaning, as she is performing with halves of Ailuroz. "That was not bad!" Rico commented. "Dude, we should've bring Zack here." He seemed into this jam session thing unlike earlier. "I wanted to, but he has to do the business stuff in the concert later." Lily answered. "He is the hands-on guy besides me." She followed. Sam knew Zack is the bassist of the band. "You did well, Sam. Now I believe the whole Al situation earlier." Sam only shrugged her shoulders in reply and smirked a little. She knew people will not live that down for now. Still, she is glad they liked the performance. Even though this is a closed session, this made her somewhat feel better from all the father thing happened earlier. "We only have a few hours left before we have to go back there for the meetings and stuff." Lily said. "Ready when you are, Sam." Rico said, initiating her to start the next song. She only nodded and had thought another killer metal song to cover.

It was a very unique experience, Sam is still high in adrenaline. In record, she currently had no band. She had a previous band before but due to internal conflicts between band members, they have decided to break up. She always thought that band she had has a potential. She was young that time and ever since then, she went solo or sometimes had sessions with other musicians for bars. Lily and Rico returned to their bus to have some meetings, probably for the press con and other interviews tomorrow. When she returned, it's like a pull back to reality. She is still being watched by the techs, now that she is under their crew and making sure that she will not do anything impulsive again. Now, she is going to be oriented by the dude who puts a lot of butter on his toast, who seemed to be named Kiran. Kiran is a little stricter than Vince and a little sarcastic. He hummed when Sam knew what the basics are. He taught her the necessary things she needed to comply the set up to Al's standards. "Who taught you how to maintenance guitars?" He asked suddenly. Sam got startled a little as she was concentrating putting the gear back. There was a little awkward and tense silence prior to that. "My uncle taught me." She answered. "So, you came from a music family?" He asked. "Yeah... I guess, my uncle played many stringed instruments until he got stuck to violin." Sam answered. "What about your parents?" He asked, which is a little personal to Sam to ask such that. "They are both guitar players." That seemed to satisfy Kiran. "What about you?" She asked back, to put him in the spotlight instead. "Yeah, the same. My family are more in line to classical music." He stood up. "That's it for now. Break a leg to the show tomorrow. Don't piss off Al." He gave a thin line of smile. Sam just smiled back, very amused because a guy like Kiran just said a theater quote.