CH 34: "MINE"

Valentina White POV

It's been a week since that day on the beach.

Things are far better than before!

River is now fully physically healed, the only thing is her memory but she is remembering things every day and the doctor said that any day now she can get her memory back.

We also talked and decided she is not going to continue her old job. I told her I am fine with anything else as long as she doesn't get hurt. She is still thinking about what to do.

Oh! And she officially moved in with me! It wasn't that hard since she was already living with me for the assignment it didn't make sense to change it.

"Mam, your 4 O'clock is here." My new assistant, Jenna said through the intercom.

I got up before heading to the conference room.

~~~

"Oof!" I exclaim as I slump into my chair.

2 hours!

For the love of god! I am tired!

*Knock**Knock*

"Come in."

Jenna steps in before coming forward and standing in front of my desk.

"Mam, you have one more meeting but should I cancel?"

Yes.

"No, what is it?"

"Mam, it's with Swift Digital."

I roll my eyes as I stand up and take my things before rounding my desk.

A start-up. Why do I even bother with them?

"When is my first meeting tomorrow?" I ask, not noticing she is standing close to me as I am looking down at my phone and my right shoulder is facing her.

"10 am, mam." Still not noticing that if I move one inch my shoulder and her body will collide.

I nod.

"Move their meeting to 8 am tomorrow. Good night." I say as I turn around to face her to find her right in front of me.

My eyes widen before they harden with anger as I push her back.

"Get out!" She flinches at my tone.

I don't have time for this!

"Did you not hear me!" She furiously nods, not making eye contact before rushing out of my office. That's when I notice River standing in the doorway.

Fuck!

Before I could get a word out, she rushes to me, capturing my lips with her own. It was a different kiss it wasn't slow or rushed it was as if she just wanted to know I was here.

She pulls back after a while.

"I remember. I remember everything. I remember every moment. I remember I love you. I love you so goddamn much! I love you so much!" I quickly grab the back of her neck and smash our lips together.

I am so goddamn happy! I can't explain it!

"I love you! I love you very much, River! I am sorry for not saying it before! I love you! I love you so fucking much!"