Chapter 1 - The Start of a New Adventure

Hi, my name is Levi Cooper, I am a high school student at 17 years old in my last year of school.

I am an optimistic person, I am an introvert and gamer. I love playing all sorts of games, watching movies, and reading books. The only time I am willing to go out is if I am out with my 3 best friends, James, Conner, and Noah. I am pretty average.

James is your typical sportsy outdoorsman, he is a full on extrovert, he loves hanging with his many friends. He is a great guy, a brilliant friend that has been with me since we were only toddlers.

Conner is a mix of me and James, he plays games and enjoys going outside, he can do either, he usually just does whatever he feels like doing at the moment. He is a nice guy but can be brash and stubborn, he doesn't really get along very well with strangers.

Noah is more of an introvert than me, he plays games almost every day and all day when we go out as a group, we literally have to drag him from the house. He isn't afraid to say what's on his mind and usually does even if he definitely shouldn't, he is scrawny and small.

So those are my wonderful best friends who are currently sitting at our desks. We live in the UK so our desks are big enough for two people to sit at. Me and James sit next to each other at the very back and Conner and Noah sit in front of us on another desk with their backs to us.

I laid back against my chair, stretching my legs and arms out after I just kicked Noah's arse in a game of Magic.

He was glaring at me now "what the hell man?! How are you still winning?!" he shouted at me, pointing a finger at my face.

He was turned around, sitting the wrong way around on his seat, Conner had turned his seat to the side so he was sat normally facing towards Noah as he let out an exasperated sigh.

Me and James were sitting at our desks like we usually do "you always say that and then loudly proclaim you'll kick his arse tomorrow and then never do" The pretty boy to my right said, flashing a smile that would make girls swoon, Conner just gave him a disgusted look.

"Goddamn pretty boys" I mumbled, loud enough for them to hear since I was joking.

James's reply was to slap my back as he let out a boisterous laugh.

Let me explain something, right now we are in our maths class, no one else is in here because there is still about 30 minutes until the day starts, we have a good relationship with the teacher so he lets us stay here whilst he prepares his lesson.

"You're just shit mate" Conner so helpfully provided.

Noah looked like Conner had just backstabbed him, completely forgetting about James as he turned, grabbing Conner's tie and glaring at him, their faces practically touching.

Conner, being the guy he is, just brought his right hand up to the side, glanced at it so Noah would follow his eyes and then used his other hand to slap Noah on the back of the head.

"Motherf-" he stopped as his gaze landed on a girl standing at the door watching us, giggling behind her hand, two other girls behind her outright laughing.

"Hot" Noah gave a sagely nod before turning to me "rematch me bitch!" he said forcefully before sitting back down and we reset the cards.

The girls from the door walked over and smiled at us, taking three seats at the desks to the right of us and sliding them over so they could be nearer to us.

Conner had immediately stopped talking, a faint blush on his cheeks.

I gave Noah a cheeky grin as I one shot the monster he was trying to stack some bullshit on top of.