chapter seventeen ~ when night falls

~ Third Person ~

As the van approached Hawkins, they all stared as cars left the small town. What had happened? They soon made it into the town, and saw the damage, and evidently the reason everyone was evacuating. Huge tears in reality were spreading through the town. Jonathan pulled up to Mike's house, seeing everyone in the driveway. Felix ran to Dustin, hugging him.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" Felix stared worriedly at his younger brother.

He shook his head. "Not really... Um... Eddie died..." Felix's heart shattered hearing those words.

"W-What?" Dustin sadly nodded, his eyes filling with tears. "No... I-I told him not to do anything stupid w-while I was gone..." Tears fell from Felix's eyes, but he quickly wiped them. They were informed that Lucas was at the hospital with Max, so they headed there next. Felix frowned, seeing Max laying limp in the bed. 

Lucas put down the book he was reading. "Thanks for coming..." Lucas and El shared a very special embrace, both feeling deeply hurt for Max's accident. 

Felix gazed at Max sadly. "So much loss in one day..." Felix slowly walked, and sat down on Max's bed. He took her hand, closing his eyes.

He entered the void, but didn't see Max. "Max? Hello?" Not response. Just silence, that seemed to drag on for hours. He sighed, shedding a tear.

~~~~~~~~

They had decided to go clean up Hopper's cabin, as they would need a place to stay while in Hawkins. They wouldn't be going to California for a while. Felix and Will sat together.

"He's not gone... I still feel him. And, he's not going to stop until Hawkins has fallen, and all the people have, too." Will held Felix's hand tight.

He nodded. "We will end this. I promise you." Felix kissed his cheek. 

~ Felix's POV ~

There seemed to be commotion outside, so I went to investigate. I saw a man outside. With Joyce, Hopper, and Murray. I stared at the foreign man, thinking he looked familiar. Then it hit me.

"F-Father?" I felt tears well in my eyes. 

He looked at me. "Felix?" The tears fell, as I ran into his embrace. I sobbed louder, as he soothed me. 

"I-I've missed you so much..." It felt good to speak Russian again, and it felt good to be with my father again, too.

My father was crying, too. "I've missed you, too... I never forgave myself for letting you get away," he let go of me, looking at my face. "What happened to you eye?!"

I laughed. "I'll tell you another day." Hopper and El came outside, to watch the reunion.

Murray smiled at me. "I did end up finding him."

I smiled back at him. "I'm so grateful, thank you, Murray." I looked at the sky. It looked almost as if it was snowing. This surely wasn't snow. I looked at Will, who had a fearful expression on his face. I took his hand, and we all walked out into a field next to the cabin. Smoke was rising from the tears in the dimensions. I held Will's hand tight, and El stepped forward, picking up a now decaying flower. My father came up to my side, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

I glared at the smoke, knowing Vecna needed to be ended, once and for all. But, this was also the day when night fell over Hawkins. And, it would be up to me to stop it.

~ word count: 635

A/N

okay! that was the final chapter. i really hope you liked this book! please read the author's note chapter after this one, because i will be talking about what's next for this book. i really hope you enjoyed this book, and i'm sorry the last chapters were so short. votes are appreciated, but not necessary. thank you so, so much for reading this book! <3