five

CHAPTER FIVE
❪ devils tongue !

Aenemera watched Aemond dismount from Vhagar and it was like a fire ignited in her chest at the sight. Part of her didn't want to believe what she had just witnessed but the other part of her wanted to strangle him.

"What did you do!" Aenemera hissed at the boy while she stormed towards him at the Dragons landing.

"What I had to." Aemond shoved past the blonde girl but she quickly followed after him, reaching for his arm and pulling him back. "You had no right to that dragon!"

Aemond spun around while shoving off her hand. "A dragon can't only be passed down."

"Vhagar is my mothers dragon!" Baela shouted once she entered the room with her sister and Aenemera's siblings. Both betrothed children spun around to face the new crowd, but Aemond didn't back down.

"Your mother's dead." He took closer steps towards the younger children and Aenemera narrowed her eyes at the boy. "And Vhagar has a new rider now."

"She was mine to claim!"

"Then you should've claimed her!" Aemond shouted back. "Maybe your cousins can find you a pig to ride. It would suit you."

Baela run forward with a grunt and shoved Aemond, only for him to push her to the ground. Aenemera jumped back in shock, nearly getting whiplash as Rhaena ran forward next and threw a punch at Aemonds face.

He fell to the ground before jumping back up and hitting Rhaena in return. "Come at me again and I'll feed you to my dragon!"

"Aemond!" Mera shouted in shock before throwing an arm across his chest to pull him backwards, then using her other hand to cover his eyes. Jace now started to attack Aemond while Aenemera had him blinded and held back. But it wasn't her intentions to have her brothers jump in.

Aemond elbowed Aenemera before shoving her on the ground behind them. The boys began kicking and punching each other, but when Mera witnessed Aemond punching Luke right in the nose that was probably broken now, she immediately started seeing red.

Aenemera ran towards him and grabbed him by the back of his head, his blonde locks wrapping around her knuckles and he shouted out in pain. "Don't touch them! Don't ever touch them!" The girl screamed for her brothers. Aemond grabbed her hand and pushed down on her knuckles just as Jacerys came running back for some more.

But once Aenemera had finally let go, Aemond had Lucerys by the neck and picked up a large rock. "You will die screaming in flames! Just like your father did – bastards!"

"My fathers still alive!" Luke choked out, flinching away from the sight of the rock.

"Aemond drop it!" Aenemera screeched, panic mode settling in now but the boy ignored her by turning to Luke. "He doesn't know, does he, lord strong?" He slowly lowered the rock as a smirk tugged at his lips.

Luke now pulled out a small knife from his pocket and took his first swing towards Aemond.

Mera pulled Luke against her chest and quickly placed her hand over his nose, cleaning the blood while he winced but also checking to see if it was actually broken. "Let me see!" The older sister panicked, cradling her little brother but he stood up in a protective stance in front of her while Jace got punched to the ground, losing the knife in the dirt.

Luke ran towards their brother as Jace splashed some dirt in Aemonds face, blinding him for a moment just as Jace picked up the knife and ran towards him.

Mera's eyes widened in worry, "Lucerys no!"

The smaller boy raised the knife and slashed it over Aemonds left eye, the boy immediately howling out in pain while covering his face with his hands.