Chapter 25

25 : The Deepest Level of Intimacy

Natasha stared at the ring in front of her before drifting her eyes back to the blue earnest orbs. Steve was looking at her, expecting her answer anytime soon.

Is this real? Is that really happening? Is Steve really want to spend the rest of his life with her?

Natasha was quiet and staring at the ring for almost a minute and Steve was getting very nervous from her silence. Millions thoughts ran through his mind, both from his soulmate and his own thought.

"Soulmate?" He spoke up, unsure, "Darling, will you marry me?"

Natasha didn't reply anything but crushed her lips with his in a passionate kiss. Steve got his answer but Natasha pulled away to whispered it to him, "Yes"

He smiled against her lips, "I love you so much, darling" He said, "You mean so much to me, Natasha Romanoff. You're gift, an angle gracing and guiding me back home. I love you so much and I want to spend the rest of my life with, soul mate."

"I would love to spend the rest of my life with you too, Steve so put that ring on my finger already." She batted his forearm.

"I was just trying to be romantic." He excused.

"I know. And I love you for trying to be romantic."

He chuckled before slipped the ring on her finger and kissed the knuckles affectionately.

"But we have to talk about the baby thing again."

"Why is that?"

"I don't know…I don't want them to suffer the thing we've been through together. What if they didn't find their soulmate? What if they never have a chance to see colors? I can't let them live in that hellish world of black and white."

"Baby, we will take about it again. You don't have to worry."

"Steve…."

"I love you so I will not force you to do something you don't want to."

Natasha smiled and kissed him, "Thank you for your understanding."

___________________

The next morning the couple cooked breakfast for everyone and when everyone was sitting at the table. Natasha and Steve broke the news to everyone.

"We're engaged." Natasha said followed by loud booming voices from everyone.

"One at the time!" Steve yelled over the noise.

"Can Tony and I plan your wedding?" Pepper asked, barely contained her excitement.

"Yes, of course." Natasha nodded.

"I will pay for everything and you guys can have anything that you want!" Tony offered.

"Thanks, man." Steve replied, "But we do want a small and private wedding as you can manage."

"Whatever the bride and groom need!"

"Pep! NO! They must have at least 500 guests! This is Captain America and the Black Widow's wedding!"

"Can I be your best man?" Clint asked.

Thor placed his hand on Clint's shoulder, "We will have to discuss about that, Lord Barton. I want to be Lord Steven's best man too."

"I pay for the wedding! I gotto be the best man!" Tony chimed in.

"I will stay as quiet as possible." Bruce said, "You may do whatever you want, Cap."

"Dr. Banner will be my best man." Steve announced and immediately silenced everyone, "As he is the one who help Natasha and I with this soulmate thing."