37

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

03.17 Behind the black horizon

━━━━━━━━━━

"THE BABY'S HEALTHY."

"Vina, that's great!" Aidynn beams, holding the phone to her ear with Kol entertaining Saint behind her as the three enter Saint James Infirmary with the toddler on his hip. "You ever find out the gender?"

The Claire sighs in relief; "No, we decided to wait. God, I can't believe I'm already five and a half months along already. Why didn't you tell me how liberating and amazing it is weighted out with agonizing and painful?"

"Uh, I did." She chuckles, her eyes carefully watching Kol who cradles Saint and makes her stuffed fox press its snout to her face like kisses, making her squirm and giggle. "Hey, I gotta go, talk later?"

"Of course. Bye, love you!"

"Love you!" Aidynn ends the call and pockets her phone as the Mikaelson saunters ahead of her.

"Seems your friend stood us up."

She rolls her eyes at his attitude shift, ignoring it since he'd been like that recently as she looks around, feeling the thick air tense. "Vincent isn't my friend, really. We're just allies and acquaintances, he hates the Mikaelsons, I have a Mikaelson soulmate and child. But that child is also a New Orleans French Quarter witch."

"Well, since we bothered to be the only ones who turned up." He sighs, sitting Saint on the    bar's floor as he reaches behind and grabs a bottle. "It would be a shame to leave empty handed. Why not head back, put Saint down for a nap, and we get up to no good."

Kol leans down to kiss her when she dodges, glancing around as Saint walks around with her fox. "Something's off. Vincent wanted to meet 'cause we're up against a common threat, why would he lie and ditch? This is the only place in NOLA where a witch can't practice magic, so why would the Regent wanna meet somewhere he's powerless?"

The Original frowns, unscrewing the lid of the bottle as he gazes at his daughter, keeping her close as the hybrid looks over at the piano. Saint squeals, shaking her fox; "Go. Go. Go!"

The brunette narrows her eyes at the tarot card leaning on the tip jar, she moves it to see a phone and a vial of blood, which she quickly grabs and turns to her soulmate. "This is his cell." She sits on a stool, her daughter waddling a few feet from her as she clicks the video of the regent on.

"Aidynn, listen. I know we're not the closest friends but I need you to listen to me, ok? Um, we're in serious trouble. Now, I'm recordin' this here because it's free from magic and magic is our enemy." The man sits the phone on the piano as he stutters through his words. "The Ancestors got me on the hook doin' some pretty twisted magic and I want no part of it, but they're forcing me to help Lucien Castle. And if you don't help me, Freya Mikaelson's gonna die." Aidynn gulps, sharing a look with Kol as he abandons his drink, standing behind her with his palm on her back softly. "They forced me to take her then they had me put up a cloaking spell so we can't be tracked. Now, Lucien is takin' us outta town someplace. I don't know where but there's a loophole."