Chapter 7 - Past the Cerulean Sky

As I wandered through the planetarium by myself, I let out a sigh, frustrated that I can't seem to really wrap my head around this no matter how much I try. It's been two weeks since Saki and I started dating and because I wanted to try and learn more about her interests, I've tried to read some about stargazing and astronomy and all that. However, with how massive the scale of all of this is I can't seem to wrap my head around it, it just feels like random numbers filling up the space, even though I've seen glimpses of the math that show the contrary.

I decided to head to the planetarium today in hopes that something here could help me wrap my head around the unfathomable size of it all, with no luck. I just wanted to be able to show Saki some interest in her interests, but I haven't been able to really get to a place I feel like I can show I'm trying to understand her further.

"I guess if I had a better understanding of this kind of stuff my best subject in school wouldn't be history..." I muttered to myself as I walked around.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?"

I turned around to see that behind me was Saki, looking at me curiously. Figuring I may as well be honest with her, I said "I... was trying to understand astronomy somewhat, so I came here in hopes that it'd help me wrap my head around it some. What about you?"

"In an hour or so I have a meet up near here with Photon Maiden, and since I had some time, I thought I'd take a look in the meantime." Saki said

"Oh really? Well then, how about we pass the time together?" I suggested "I don't know if it's much of a date since we're on a time limit, but it'll be more fun together."

We haven't even gone on a proper, planned date yet because she's been busy with Photon Maiden since they've been busy preparing for something lately.

As Saki walked over to beside me, she nodded her head and with a gentle smile said "I'd love to, Y/n."

The two of us then started going around and checking the place out. As we walk around, I tried to take note of what I could and put all the pieces together, but I started to focus less on what I came here for, and more on Saki, who was having a good time, and it made me happy to be here since I got to see this side of her.

As we looked around, Saki then eventually asked me "Y/n, can I ask why you're suddenly trying to understand astronomy? It's just you've never really mentioned being interested in space too."

For a moment I paused, wondering if I should really tell her, before I told myself that since it's her, I don't need to think so hard about it. I took a deep breath and said "It was for you. With how you love stargazing and space and all that, I just thought it'd help me understand a little bit more about you, and that I could make you happy if I could have meaningful conversations with you on the subject. But I guess that's not as easy as I thought, as much as I try, it barely seems to stick for me."

Saki's eyes widened slightly and she smiled as she said "Really? Y/n, it doesn't matter to me whether or not it sticks around for you, or even if you keep trying , I'm just happy knowing that you tried doing this for me."

"I mean of course I did, I love you, and I want to make you happy." I said

"You already do Y/n." Saki said

The two of us spent a bit more time together before Saki found out that it was about time for her to get going for her meetup, but rather than splitting right then, I left with her, planning to call it a day.

As we stepped outside, Saki turned and said "I better get going. I had a good time with you this afternoon."

"I did too, next time we should go do it when we're both free to enjoy ourselves completely." I said, smiling at her.

As I began to turn, figuring she'd be heading her way I felt the softness of her lips against my cheek as she kissed me, and as I turned back to face her, I saw a small blush on her face as she said "I'll see you tomorrow Y/n."

"Yeah, see you then." I said back as I saw her start to leave. I then turned away, heading home myself, with my fingers against my cheek, the memory of her kiss still so fresh in my mind, and filling me with plenty of motivation.

—-------------------------------------

Third Person Perspective

Later that afternoon, as the members of Photon Maiden left the meetup, Towa turned to Saki and said "You seem like you're in a better mood than earlier, did anything in particular cheer you up before you met back up with us?"

"Yeah, I ran into Y/n, and we passed the time together at the planetarium." Saki said, smiling

"You know, I really wasn't expecting you to end up in a relationship with Y/n when we first met him, but I'm glad you two are happy together." Ibuki responded

"Plus, your expression when you talk about him is so completely adorable." Noa added, smiling

"Right, I just hope my time with him and you all can last for a long time to come." Saki said as she smiled and looked up at the clear cerulean sky above them.