Chp. 3 : Surprising Agreement?

A/N:
Like my new cover?? Made it myself :)

Send me a banner/cover and I'll either upload it or choose it as my new cover :D

Now be gone. Read! Comment!
-
The radio crackled. I twisted the nob slightly, listening to various DJs advertise and joke around.
I was sitting in Dad's white Honda, my feet up on the dashboard. I wiggled my newly painted blue toenails.
Dad glanced over at me, his brow furrowed. The wrinkles in his forehead were so clear these days. I watched him, and he watched me, and we both looked away.
Dad was the first to speak, of course. But not for long. "Blake-"
I turned the radio volume higher, not too loud, but hopefully delivering the message that I wasn't interested in him lecturing me about me getting over us moving. It was always easy for him to say. He was a 50-year-old man with greying hairs, and a serious love for Dish TV.
He glared out of the corner of his eye, a lot of discontent obvious in his expression. I didn't care if I upset him, though. Since when were my feelings important to my parents?
I flung the door open as my dad pulled up to the community entrance to the school. He hadn't even had time to stop the car. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and brushed my flaky hair over my shoulder.
Approaching my locker, the day's problems start. There stood the girl who'd called me--very rudely-- a whore. Her lip was raised as though I was someone she had to talk to in order to check me off a list.
I walked up to her, letting my backpack drop from my shoulders. Glare didn't describe what she did. She had a small, round head, and shoulder length dark hair.
"Hey." The brunette extended her hand. "Charlotte. Charlotte Ranger."
Charlotte Ranger. Charlotte Ranger who called me a whore.
"First name basis?" I raised my lip. "I'd just thought of you as, 'that-bitch-who-called-me-a-whore.'"
Except I didn't actually say that. But I thought it in my head, along with some other harsh words.
I pursed my lips slightly, tightening my palm around hers, and letting go after a second.
Charlotte squinted at me and wrinkled her nose. "I just came to say that I would like to get to know you."
Woah. Did not see that coming. Talk about a plot twist.
I blinked at Charlotte skeptically, watching for any sign of an angle, or a devious intention. Charlotte blinked back, the smallest wisp of a smirk on her face, almost as if she were amused by my obvious effort. I let my fists ball in frustration.
"Why."
Charlotte tried to fake shock. "Why?" She put her hand over her chest innocently. "I just think we could both have-" she paused, leaning in close to my face, "benefits from a relationship."
I raised my eyebrows at her. Benefits? What the hell does that even mean?
My eyes widened. Was she asking me...? "You want me to be your beard?"
Charlotte's jaw dropped. "You think I'm a lesbian?" She put her face in her hands and groaned.
"You aren't?"
"No!"
"Then what the heck do you mean by benefits?"
Charlotte closed the space between us in a stride, grabbing my wrist and squeezing. Her forehead was inches from mine, her eyes ablaze. "Lower your voice," she warned.
I stared at her blankly. "O-ok," I said shakily. I took a deep breath, not wanting her to think I was afraid of her. Even though she was two inches taller, probably a sophomore, and a hell of a lot more intimidating.
"Good," Charlotte whispered. Before I could object, she had spun on her heel, and was sauntering away. I tried to have her effect, staring into her back and hoping to make her squirm, and failing. If anything, her chin was slanted a little tiny bit higher.

~

The freshmen hallway was bubbling with people, body heat and excitement in the air. I swerved around two boys who were poking each other in the rib-cage. I will never understand their masculine "playing around". I bent down once at my locker, entering my combination into the dial.
I had just swung open the locker door when a sweaty palm clamped down around my wrist, yanking me around to face a familiar brunette. Yuck. I can't even believe he's familiar. I whimpered slightly at Sam's grip, though I was furious. Someone tell me who this boy thinks he is!
Sam was breathing roughly, almost animalistic. I watched his chest rise and fall, his face hot.
"What do you want?" I huffed.
Sam narrowed his eyes. "I was told that I should come 'befriend you' before tomorrow."
I stared Sam in the eye, his nose up to my forehead. "What's tomorrow?"
Sam's arm shook slightly as he murmured something I hadn't expected. "Tomorrow is the day that I start my job, and 'fate' as your... guide."
I stared at him, shocked.
"Look," Sam muttered, furrowing his brow. "This is not my choice. Apparently your parents notified the school that you're struggling to make friends, and they've selected me as a good 'representative of our school's student body' to help you out."
My first thought? I was going to strangle my mom. I know Dad wouldn't have called the school. Second? I'd better do it before tomorrow.
Sam was waiting for a reaction from me, which he wasn't getting much of. I was in awe, already distracted by Charlotte's threats this morning. I shoved past him, which proved hard, and shuffled down the hallway.
I left Sam leaning against my locker, confusion in his judge mental auburn eyes.
-
Yay!!!!! I've finally gotten out the main plot to the story :)

Yay me!

I need help. I've forgotten how to assign cast members. xD Don't judge.

A comment to help would be great! So excited to publish, so I'll shut up now. Yep! Bai!!!

Comment. Read. Enjoy.

Color_Me_