Chapter 4 Savior?

//Eren POV//

"Hey." Eren simply said as Annie walked in when Mikasa left.

"You feeling better?" Annie asked him as she sat down on the chair beside him.

"Yeah, nothing major. Doc said that my arm is fine now and I'll have a little scar on the side of my head. No big deal." Eren told her as they watched TV.

"No big deal? Eren, you could have been killed?!" Annie shouted.

"But I didn't. All that matters is that you're alright." Eren told her.

"B-B-But-" Eren cut her off there.

"Annie, really...I'm alright. Don't worry too much." Eren told her. That's when Annie started to blush. To Eren, she seemed a little sick, like a fever. So he sat up and placed his hand on her forehead. Then he placed his forehead on his hand.

"Annie, you have a fever or something? You're all red?" Eren asked her. Her face became redder.

"I-I-I'm fine!" Annie cried out as she pulled away. "W-W-What about you?"

"I'm better now, thank you for saving my life." Eren thanked her.

"I didn't do anything...really." Annie told him. Eren couldn't help but smile.

"No, if you haven't called a ambulance. I might have lost a lot of blood, or worse...coma or something. But instead of running away from me. You stayed and stood by my side and helped me. So thank you, Annie." Eren thanked her.

He reached over and pulled her into a hug. He heard her gasp for a second, he thought she will try to pull away but she didn't. Instead, she wrapped her arms around and hugged him back. Eren felt his cheeks heat up but he didn't care since he was fine with it.

I think I am...Eren didn't get to finish as the doctor walked in.

"Oh, I see that Mr. Jaeger is awake!" he said. Eren and Annie both pulled away from the hug blushing.

"Y-Yeah...so doc. Am I good to go?" Eren asked him. The doctor looked at his papers for a few seconds then looked back to Eren.

"You didn't suffer any mental damage when you hit your head. And you seem to be fine now. I guess you are free to go." The doctor told him.

"Alright!" Eren cheered up as he jumped out of bed. Then he grabs Annie's hand and drags her out with him.

"E-Eren?!"  she cried out.

"I want to take you to that Café down the street from here." Eren told her. "I'll pay."

//Annie POV//

—-Café—-

"You don't have to pay for mine, Eren." Annie told him as they sat down on the table with coffee in their hands. "I have cash."

"I know but that I'm the guy so I pay." Eren told her as he blew on his coffee to cool it down.

"That only happens when people are on a...a..." Annie stopped herself before saying it.

A...A...Date...Annie slightly blushed.

"A What?" Eren asked her. She jumped a little bit but recovers her composure.

"N-Nothing!" Annie told him. They didn't say anything anymore for a few minutes. Annie was usual fine with it being quiet but now...she felt like she wants to keep talking to Eren. But something came to mind about what he said earlier.

"H-Hey...Eren..." Annie asked him.

"Hm?" he stopped drinking his coffee and looked at her.

"What did you mean when you said that you were willing to risk being my friend?" Annie noticed that he wasn't smiling but looks away.