Chapter 18.

Nikolai

The next day is a complete mess. Everyone is trying to pack and move things around, like appointments and oh yeah who's taking care of the mafia while they are away.

Supposedly the right hand man is taking it over for now, and while I was snooping I found out many new, interesting things. God wouldn't I love to file some things about them into the system back at the station.  Then maybe I could take down the fuckers.

If they hate the FBI so much, I can't wait until they come to work with me.  Per Jades instructions.  Maybe then they'll change their minds about the drug trade.

We all finally land in Calgary, in the negative 30 degree Celsius weather.  Of course Jades whole family begins to shiver, with no coats and used to the hot weather Italy provides.

Alex and I smirk from behind hearing their teeth chatter, it's like music to my ears.

Alex takes off his jacket and puts it over his uncle Alexander's shoulders, "for you uncle." Alex says smirking as he scowls. He only scoffs afterwards shaking it off and puts it around his wife's shoulders.

But I see a hint of a smile as he looks at his nephew. They look and act a lot like each other when you see them side by side.

We separate into cars, Alex, Colten and Alexander staying with me as I drive.  When I turn the heat up higher Alexander sighs rubbing his hands together. 

I turn around looking at him over my shoulder, "welcome to Calgary, Alberta fucker."

—————————

Many cars pull up into our driveway once we arrive home, we have a two vehicle garage and then the driveway can fit two.  The other vehicles will just have to fit along the road. 

We enter and the Christmas decorations glimmer, the scent making me want to run up to my bed and fall asleep.  But then again we need to figure out living situations for everyone. 

"Alright," I clasp my hands together as everyone finishes hanging up their coats.  "Jade and I have a room with Lexi, Alessio will have the first guest room.  The twins, Colten and Ollie will share Sophie's room because he has a pullout couch.  The other kids will share the other guest room with two queen beds." I point to Jade to continue.

She starts, "Alexander, you guys will stay in Lexi's room, there's a pullout. James you get Alex's room, Hudson you and Chris will get Colten's room and last but not least Luca, you guys will get Ollie's room."

Everyone nods taking a look around the place,  we know they all had a secret meeting last night while they thought we went to bed.  We figured they decided not to complain, be as compliant as we needed and then get their way in the end.

But trust me when I say that this is not how that's going to go.

We notified the cook and she ended up getting two more people that could help her, we are paying a lot more for this whole damn charade.

Jades slyly smirks at me as her back is turned to them and then it all truly begins, "the kids will be going to school and the men will going to work with Nikolai, and the ladies will be with me."

Instantly everyone tenses, I guess they didn't expect they would have to work and live exactly the way we do. I smirk leaning against the wall.

While the kids look excited, the parents look worried. Hudson clears his throat, "so we will be working?"

A laugh bubbles out of me and I have to turn to keep it down, when I regain control I look back at them, "did you all think that you can just sit around and observe everyday?"

They are used to a life with minimal work and money handed to them. Jade and I have worked hard for what we have and they need to learn we aren't just going to give it up now.

Alessio smiles, "let's unpack them shall we?" He moves across the room grabbing his bag, "we have a lot to do."