5 𝖂𝖔𝖑𝖋 𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌.

Charles has taking Max's hand on one side and the other side is Dakota walking protectively next to him

Charles has taking Max's hand on one side and the other side is Dakota walking protectively next to him. Max hadn't really explained anything yet about how this works or what to expect apart from that it could get really dangerous.

After Max had given Lorenzo and Arthur both a weapon. Not that Charles would even come near any weapons. He had Dakota as a weapon according to Max. And Dakota was happy to stick with Charles.

They were just about five minutes into the woods, it was getting thicker with each step they were taking. Charles is getting the chills from this and is glad that Max is willing to hold onto him like that.

"How far is it?" Arthur asks.

"A couple of minutes." Max tells them. "You'll know when you see it."

Charles whimpers softly, he doesn't like the fact that they are going to look for wild wolves. It makes him scared and uneasy. He comes from a lifestyle where he never went outside without a guard.

He jumps when a howl of a wolf fills the silent forest. Max chuckles at Charles, not in a making fun of him way but trying to reassure him that everything will be okay.

Dakota nudges his head gently against the free hand of Charles. Charles still is scared of the dire wolf sometimes. But he knows that the wolf won't hurt him. He's seen how Dakota sleeps with Max, like a puppy needing his cuddles.

Birds chirp happily in the blue sky, not a cloud to be seen anywhere Charles can look. The cold and icy breeze makes Charles shiver in his three layered furs as his body isn't used to the cold like this.

Heck, Monaque had never had any snow and here is was almost a permanent thing. According to Max it would snow nine months a year. Three months which is summer would be warm enough to not have any snow but that didn't mean that it wouldn't snow.

It was snowing at the moment too, it's sticking to the fur and his hair. Max had wrapped Charles his head in some fur as he told that it would get a lot colder where they were going.

Arthur and Lorenzo had watched with amusement in their eyes, the big strong and scary viking was being very gentle with the lean and fragile prince. A gentle giant is what they could call Max.

Another howl fills the forest, birds flying hurriedly away from their spot. Max holds his free hand up. So the two boys behind him know what he is doing. They stop for a moment, keeping quiet.

Well Max stays quiet for some reason, Charles watches how Max looks around. Almost like he is trying to figure put where the sound had come from. Another howl echoes through the forest, followed by more howls.

"That way." Max tells them.

He tugs Charles behind him, the lean prince looking with fear in his eyes at the viking who walks like it's the most normal thing to go to the wild wolves.