Chapter 12

Hongjoong was checking over everything in storage, double checking that there would be enough food to last until they made it back to Port Arland. Some of it had been messed up during the storm and they were already a day or two behind schedule but he was pretty sure they could make it last until they get to the port. He was interrupted from his thoughts when the door suddenly swung open and slammed closed. He jumped in shock and spun around, seeing Seonghwa leant back against the door panting. Hongjoong rose an eyebrow in confusion and went to ask if he was ok when Seonghwa suddenly moved forwards and starting pacing up and down. Hongjoong snapped his mouth closed in confusion, watching as Seonghwa continued pacing up and down.

"Um, are you ok? Is the tattoo hurting or something," he spoke up finally. It's only been like an hour since he tattooed him. Seonghwa continued pacing but shook his head quickly.

"Ok, so what's wrong," Hongjoong asked slowly.

"I thought you guys hated me. I thought you hated me," Seonghwa said. Hongjoong blinked in shock and shook his head. This is what he was getting worked up over?

"Seonghwa, I've already told you I don't hate you," Hongjoong said quickly.

"Yeah, no, I know that. I just, it hasn't been long since I stopped thinking that. Everyone seemed so surprised to see my tattoo and I thought maybe nobody wanted me to have it, that they didn't want on the crew so I hid up at the crow's nest to cry," Seonghwa rushed out. Hongjoong instantly felt like a jerk and he held back a groan. Of course Seonghwa would go show everyone straight away and he would have no idea why they seemed so confused.

"Oh Seongie, I'm so sorry," Hongjoong whispered, walking over and wrapping his arms around him tightly. Seonghwa stopped in place and practically melted into Hongjoong's arms and hugging him tightly.

"Why," Seonghwa whispered, testing his luck and tucking his head into Hongjoong's neck. Hongjoong frowned in confusion and moved his hand to brush over the hair on the back of Seonghwa's head.

"Why what," he asked in confusion.

"San told me what it means. To have the same tattoo in the same place," Seonghwa said quietly. Hongjoong tensed at his words and he was filled with dread. Part of him had hoped Seonghwa wouldn't show anyone, or no one would tell him anything. He doesn't know why but since he stopped being wary of Seonghwa, he's felt like they have a deep connection, like they had known each other before. Which, he guesses is true because they knew each other when they were kids.

"I'm sorry," Hongjoong whispered, not pulling away as he didn't want to see the anger in the others eyes. He should've asked first, told him the meaning so he knew, but he didn't.

"You regret giving it to me," Seonghwa asked sadly. He was caught off-guard, sure, but it felt nice that someone cared about him enough to do something like that with him. He would feel horrible if Hongjoong regretted giving it to him. All it would be is a reminder that he was a mistake. Hongjoong thought about it quietly for a few seconds, already knowing the answer but wondering how he should reply. He didn't want to make Seonghwa more uncomfortable, but he couldn't lie.

"I do not," he replied quietly. Seonghwa let out a breath of relief and clung to him tighter.

"Thank you," he said quietly.

"Thank you," Hongjoong questioned in confusion.

"For caring enough to do that for me, with me. I don't really get how you could know you want that when it's been like 2 weeks since you actually started to like me," Seonghwa said with a sigh, his fingers fiddling with the back of Hongjoong's shirt.

"I feel like I always didn't mind you, I always felt a kind of pull to you, I just put up a front and stayed back to make sure it was safe for the boys," Hongjoong admitted.