05. domain expansion

satsuki felt like all her senses were blocked up by tissues as she slammed her forehead into the wall. the only thing she could feel was her burning hot face. he was a corpse, sure, but he was still naked.

she wasn't sure how much time had passed as gojo blabbered on about teaching and the higher-ups and killing people. the only thing that snapped her back to reality was itadori's own voice.

"woah. were are my clothes?"

satsuki's head whipped around, her neck making a cracking sound. her cheeks were still on fire but luckily shoko's body covered an... area she didn't want to see, though his well muscled torso and legs were still on display.

"g-g-g-gojo!" ijichi stuttered, pointing, while gojo just chuckled. satsuki sat there, twisted round, eyes wide and jaw hanging open, choking on her own saliva. "he's alive! are you seeing this?"

"i'm a little bummed," shoko said to itadori, eyebrows drawn together.

"yeah well, it's embarrassing but — who are you?" he said, all too casually.

satsuki let out a particularly loud choke and his eyes were drawn to her. "hey satsuki," he said, raised his hand in a friendly wave.

"hey yuuji," gojo called for his focus, as shoko went to fetch him some clothes — satsuki slamming her face into the wall again as she moved.

"welcome back."

"yo! well thanks," itadori grinned, raising his hand once more so the two could high five.

"we're going to say you're on an extended mission. this means they won't question that you're gone, but they also won't question when you come back occasionally," gojo explained as he and satsuki descended the stairs to one of the many basements of jujutsu tech.

"we could say it's to do with daki," satsuki mused. "i've told megumi some stuff about her, so that could make it more believable."

gojo nodded as he swung the rusty door open. "i'll see to it."

on the couch in the dark basement sat a fully-clothed yuuji itadori. "now, lets get the lessons started!"

"you're already a head above the rest when it comes to close combat, yuuji," he started, and satsuki rounded the sofa to take a seat, while itadori stood up. "so what you need to learn to do next is control cursed energy. and, we need to add to your basic knowledge of jujutsu."

satsuki slumped on the sofa. if this was just going to be elementary lessons, she was bored already.

as gojo went over the basics and itadori glowed over his new training, satsuki crouched down and started rifling through the overnight bag itadori had packed. she shoved stuff aside, almost crying when she saw suavekids bubblegum shampoo.

she giggled as itadori tried and failed to punch gojo's hand, and gojo explained how cursed energy stems from negative emotions.

"ah! so you have to be constantly flipping out in order to use your cursed energy? hmm, well now that you mention it, fushiguro's always ticked off."

"not quite," gojo dismissed the idea. "think of it, satsuki's always cool as a cucumber!"

satsuki grunted, flopping down on the sofa belly first, and gojo continued to teach itadori.