Chapter 38

The swayamvar ceremony started and each king came to try and complete the task but none were successful. on a high platform Maharaj Drupad along with Draupadi and Krishna were sitting watching everything while Dristadhyum was announcing the name of participants along with their descriptive introductions. Maharaj drupad was getting seriously worried seeing one king after another king failing to do the task. He didn't know dwarkadhish ever suggested this task. According to him only Arjun could ever succeed. he was seriously worried now.

Drupad: Dwarkadhish!

Krishna: Ji maharaj.

Drupad: Dwarkadhish, till now no one was even able to lift the bow, so how would the swayamvar proceed? Truthfully only Arjun could ever complete the task but I never thought no one could even lift the bow.

Krishna (smiled): Maharaj, the bow is not an ordinary bow, one with slightest doubt or over confidence would never be able to lift it and they would need a great strength in their arms and great skills to string it. as for the completion of tasks, that will not be easy.

Drupad (anxiously): Then why have you ever suggested this task?

Krishna: Patience Maharaj, please have some patience. if a task is there then there would be someone capable of doing the task too. don't worry the swayamvar will definitely succeed, you have my word.

Drupad: Who could be successful??

Krishna just smiled, Draupadi beside her also got curious.

Draupadi: Yes, sakha pray tell.

Krishna: Ah!! I couldn't deny the request of my sakhi. there are three people who could complete the task among this generation. First as maharaj said, Kaunteya Arjun, second is me myself and third is Magadh naresh vasusen.

Drupad: that Sutaputra??

Drupad was very devastated hearing the demise of Arjun but held on to his belief that such a great warrior wouldn't die of messily fire. Hence he tried his hardest to find pandavas through his soy network but after a tear he admitted that it was in vain. If Arjun was alive it would truly be great he would make the greatest student of Drona his enemy but alas. Krishna was a great option too but since he didn't want to participate as he considered draupadi her sakhi was truly disheartening. He has made allies with Dwarka but concrete bind would always be beneficial. Third option is not up to his liking, he didn't want his fire born daughter to marry a low born. Though he invited him because of his prowess but still has his name in the end. It was for twofold reasons first he never believed Karna would ever succeed and he could make arrangements to Hastinapur as well as northern panchal to appear in the end due to their close relationship.

Hearing Magadh Naresh could succeed he was surprised hence uttered that but if push came to shove he wouldn't deny it as it would enhance his strength through this alliance. Anyway the marriage was for him to get an alliance and magadh was a great option too. Draupadi who heard his father was frowning upon her birth, was made aware of varna vyavastha and strongly believes it as her father. She was the most beautiful woman in the entire aryavart, pampered princess of panchal never would she ever agree to marry a low born whomever he is. She has decided what to do? Krishna beside her saw that but didn't say anything because he too wants Arjun to win.

Karna on the other hand was observing everything with calm expression, contemplating when he should announce his abstain. he waited till he got his turn as Suyodhana and ashwathama were planning to do the same. collective withdrawal could be seen as disrespect hence out if courtesy he didn't do that. He observed the crowd and was able to distinguish the pandavas who were disguising as brahmans there. Truthfully he couldn't understand how disguising as brahmans and asking alms when they could very well earn their living was a good deed. In a way you are cheating someone so how could it be dharma. he couldn't understand this skewed thinking. He retracted his gaze from them without pandavas ever realizing they had been spotted, which truly wasn't hard due to their physique. Suyodhana and ashwathama were just watching everything with impassive faces. but others were not like them with each failure they mocked the participants either due to rivalry before or to get even with others who insulted them too.