DEATHLESS

LUCIFER.
It may be thou shalt be as we.

CAIN.
And ye?

LUCIFER.
Are everlasting.

CAIN.
Are ye happy?

LUCIFER.
We are mighty.

CAIN.
Are ye happy?

LUCIFER.
No: art thou?

In truth, family means nothing to Tyra Mikaelson. Ever since she walked away from the mangled madness of her past, Tyra has never looked back once. Home is the first grave. Fact. Home is where the angry man will always live. Fact. In truth, Tyra Mikaelson will never stop trying to vanish her own history. To immolate every remnant of her childhood home from memory. To build a new life upon its ashes.

In the cesspit of the 21st Century, Tyra has finally made a name for herself. Her nomadic rock band, Deathless, travels far and wide, never settling down for a second.

The only problem is that, somehow, no matter how much distance she puts between herself and the others, no matter how many times she turns her back on her siblings and the messes they've made of the present, the past always comes prowling back.

This time, Klaus has gotten some wolf-girl pregnant and has made it everyone's problem. Thing is, Tyra stands firm on the notion that she will never get sucked back into her old life now that she's got her new family to look after. And no matter how many times Elijah or Klaus tries to kidnap her band members as a ruse to get their estranged sister to come home, Tyra is determined to get her message across loud and clear:

FUCK OFF.

Alessia is a man-eater. Sure. That's the label she's been branded with since she started running with the others. Baptised in blood, teeth locked around the jugular of her latest victim (very dead and very male, obviously), siren-dark eyes flashing in the moonlight. It's all very textbook. She's okay with that. It's what she's owed, really, for what happened to her way back when.

The story goes like this:

In her sophomore year of college, cheerleader Alessia Lin becomes the sole survivor of a brutal mass-murder in her sorority house. Amidst the carnage emerged a new monster: Alessia Lin, the final girl.

This is where Tyra finds her, lying in a pool of her own blood, the only one left alive. What Alessia wouldn't know until much later is that there are real monsters out there in the world, some old as time, some armed with teeth and bloodlust. Tyra is one such ancient monster. Alessia doesn't know if she thinks Tyra might be worse than the one that'd brutally massacred her sorority sisters. Either way, when Tyra makes Alessia the offer to turn her into a weapon, to make her untouchable so she could hurt rather than be hurt, to become deathless so that she might hold the future by the throat, she accepts it without a second thought. The only problem with being a newborn vampire is that Alessia can't fathom the concept of forever, and she has to learn quickly to adapt to her afterlife.

When Tyra unwittingly gets dragged into some family business, the rest of the band is inevitably thrown into the crossfire.

Alessia is no stranger to the battleground of petty family squabbles, but the Mikaelsons are a whole different ballpark. As much as Alessia tries to stay out of the drama, as much as she tries to remain on the sidelines, there's only one thing that threatens to undo her neutrality.