Chapter 19

(709 words)

Your POV

Sitting in the Great Hall, there were a couple claps of thunder. Looking up and out of the window I could hear Professor Sprout. "Everyone, go to your dorms!" Standing up as I glance at a couple other confused, students.

"What's going on?"

"Nothing good."

I debate on if I should go find Snape. Stopping for a moment, I decide to sneak off to see if I can catch him in his Dark Arts class. Once in the class, more flashes of light lit up the dark room. Glancing around as I didn't see the head of Slytherin house, I shake my head. Furrowing my brows in worry I sigh gently.

"Damnit, Severus. Where are you?" I mumble.

Turning I rush back to my common room for my house. Standing on the edge of the room as everyone else as confused on what was going on. The minutes that ticked by felt like hours. Hoping that Ron, Hermione, and Harry were safe, though knowing how Harry is the Chosen One, that was a little less likely.

There was yelling and magic being used that flashed towards the sky. It didn't take long for everyone to start coming out of their rooms to see what was going on. Smashing could be heard from the Great Hall. Finding all of the candles put out and the glass smashed all over the tables and the floor, the air was solemn. Something happened and all of us could feel it.

Looking outside there was a large skull shaped cloud looming over the castle. Staring down at us. Everyone was gathered out in the court yard, pushing through I found Ron, Hermione, and Harry towards the front with Ginny. Glancing at them for a moment, Hermione is crying. Turning to see what she was looking at, Harry walking over to someone on the floor.

As he kneels down we can see it's Dumbledore. He has fallen. Harry brushes some hair from his face before he picks something up off the ground. With a hand over my mouth I make my way into the castle. I had to find Snape. Running around the castle I searched frantically for him. Getting around the corner I ducked as there was a cluster of people in black, hearing Snape's voice I cover my mouth.

"Go on, there's something I need to do first."

They walk off, one laughing maniacally. There were fast footsteps, and by time I thought about moving he was already on top of me. He grabs my arms as he looks at me, his wand in his hand as he tries to get me to pay attention.

"Dumbledore is dead. They found him out in the courtyard. there's a giant skull cloud above the castle, what is going on."

He gives a small sigh. "I know."

"You know?! What do you mean, you know?"

He looks at me, his eyes wanting to tell me everything that's going on, everything that's happened. Though his face was still, not moving as he looks down at me.

"Severus."

He lets me go gently, the warmth of his hands leaving me as he looks down the hall away from me.

"You need to leave."

"Why?"

"It is not safe for you here."

"What about you?"

He stands up straight and without a word he leaves me there.

"Snape! What do you mean?"

He ignores me as he walks off, and turns the corner back to where the rest went earlier. Feeling my heart pound in my chest and a ringing in my ears, I stumble slightly, my hand on the wall next to me as my legs give out from underneath me.

Why do I have to leave? Why is it not safe? Who killed Dumbledore? There were more questions than answers. Crying as I hold my hands towards my chest, my robes around me as I watch in the direction where Snape had disappeared through blurry eyes. Where could I go? I've been in the school for almost seven straight years, he knows that! Getting up slowly, I made my way back to where the rest of the students were, I needed to find Harry. He had to know something and he was going to tell me.