We Care...

I laid sprawled out on the makeshift bed on the floor, in a completely dazed. Lexi lay silently asleep on her bed. Cassie silently on the other side of the room, she's having a low after the day long rampage she went on, the room being totally fucking trashed, clothes everywhere and I'm sure things were broke.

     I finally hear her come to life, her phone buzzing getting her attention.

"H-hello?" I wave, my arm swaying in the air as I barely had control of my movements, eventually gravity bringing it back down by my side carelessly

"Okay... I love you too." I hear her start moving from her bed, not bothering too look at her. It's clear what's happening now.

    It was the middle of the night, the words said earlier.. She said love you- Nate was coming to get her. Yeah 'cause that's always a great idea..

"It's not gonna work out.. ~It never does." My voice seemed to drift away, speaking so quietly I wasn't sure she could hear my almost soft sing-songy voice whisper out.

"What is your problem!? Like seriously?" She tried not to yell, not wanting to wake and deal with her sister.

"Besides you being such a douche to- to your sister..? Like aaaalllll the time? Mmhmm, nope.. This time it's-- Ha.. it's actually because I'm- I'm trying to save your feelings.." I spoke breathlessly, so tired I was sure I'd fall asleep at any moment.

"What are you talking about?" She asked incredulously, obviously pissed. I chuckled airlessly.

"I speak from experience.. and from the fact I know aaalllll about your boyfriend.." I warned tauntingly. I rolled over, trying hard to look over at her. Her packing up things frantically in a suitcase. She stops glaring at me exasperated.

"Oh, so that's why you're being such a cunt? Because you and your boyfriend broke up? Well guess what, just because your boyfriend didn't actually love you doesn't mean mine doesn't! Nate loves me! What we have, is nothing compared to your little fling." I blinked impassively from across the room, even from across the room and in the dark I could see her eyes tear up. I chuckled wholeheartedly, inhaling deeply as I went back to watching the ceiling in a daze.

"~Don't say I didn't waaarn you..." And just like that.. She was gone. Quietly storming out of the room with whatever things she packed with her. I wonder how much this'll hurt Suze.. Lexi..

Dad.. I closed my eyes shut tightly, turning over harshly and faced the wall.

"Marina.. Marina! Do you know where Cassie is!?" I rolled over sluggishly, my eyes rolling into the back of my head as I tried opening them, throwing my hands over my face. The grogginess I felt was unreal, seeming to be extra heavy as I tried to wake myself up enough to respond to the question that was asked of me. My mind still thinking of last night heavily.

"I- I tried warning her.. Lexi. I'm not- I'm not doing all this just because of Ash.. I'm doing this- I'm doing this because..." I started falling back asleep, not even realizing I had laid back down.

"Fuck him." I grumbled lowly. It was quiet for a second as I started dozing off once again, exhaling deeply, as if my last breath.

"I'm sorry, Lexi."

     I groggily woke up, rolling over with a groan, forcing myself up from the floor. I.. What fucking day is it?.. Seriously wish I had my phone.

   I unsteadily made my way down stairs, slowly making my way for the living room. Suze sat at her chair, a large glass of white wine as she stared almost lifelessly at the t.v. It was silent as I plopped down on the couch, the only sounds being heard was the faint sounds of the t.v. that played quietly in front of us. Some fucking.. what the hell is this?.. Some reality show, honestly looked boring as fuck.. Until I found myself strangely captivated by it. The drama of it making me feel better about my own for a split second.

"Still hiding out huh?" I give a long nod, her nodding back as we both still stared at the t.v. absentmindedly.

"Cassie'll be home soon. It won't work between those two anyways.." I decided to try and comfort the mother, knowing she was worried about her daughter. And I guess the more I really thought about it I could get why.

   Cassie was a pretty girl, and it's clear she has her own issues.. And from everything I've heard, both from Lexi and at school.. She gets a lot of attention from guys. Now.. I also know some of Suze's history. Both from Lexi, and Suze and I talking whenever I got high and roamed the house late of night out of boredom and to get something to eat. And to use their t.v... it's boring as fuck staying awake with no phone.

Anyways.. Getting distracted.

    Suze knows.. she's not stupid. Look at Halloween, she knew we were going to get drunk. She gave the girls alcohol on Maddy's birthday.. She knows her daughter is having sex. Which is whatever.. if said daughter was doing it responsibly..

Cassie wasn't though. She was being reckless.. Proving so by sleeping with her best friends boyfriend.

"What is it with you kids? I swear it's like you're all trying to stress us into an early grave." I chuckled sadly at this, giving a small apologetic smile.

"We're not trying too." I try weakly. The sleep not fully leaving my body.. The drowsiness I felt.. hasn't left since all this bullshit started. I never thought I'd miss Fezco's couch so damn much..

"You kids.. You guys think we might not care but, let me tell you.. We care.." She had turned to look at me, the look in her eyes as she softly nodded her head. She turned back to the t.v. sighing solemnly.

"We care.."