1- Coincidences

Sometimes I wonder what it's like to be in love.

If you were to ask me what my dream is

I'd simply answer...

"I want to fall in love."

My friend Yera giggled after hearing my answer to her question "Fall in love? really Y/N?"

I felt kinda embarrassed with what I answered just now... but it is the truth.

I giggled with her to brush it off.

Yera and I stayed in the cafe for a couple more minutes and talked about out lives.
she has been my best friend for five years we did pretty much everything together.
I'm Y/N, 18 years old now, studying at a school in Seoul, Korea. You can tell that there's nothing much in my life indeed im living a sad and miserable life.

As soon as we left the cafe we walked around the mall and did some window shopping.

We were having fun together until..

bzzz bzzz bzzz

We stopped our tracks "Give me a moment" I say as I unzip my bag and take my phone out.

Unknown Number Calling...

I was confused "Who could this be?" I asked and thought of who could it be.

"Just answer it, it could be something important." Yera continued, "Go take the call I'll buy ice cream for us." She rubs my shoulder before running to the ice cream stand.

I was still hesitating to answer the call

But still, I ended up answering.

"Hello who is this?"

A few seconds with just silence on the other end passed.

"Hello? You maybe dialed the wrong number. I'll hang-"

*My daughter..."

My eyes widened to his voice. My

My eyes were teary hearing his voice. I wanted to respond but no word would come out of my voice.

For the past twelve years this was the first time again since I've last heard from him. He left when I was six years old but despite him being in the same household as I was, we never really had a good relationship. There were constant fights that soon led into my parent's divorcement that's why my dad moved to France and remarried.

"Darling, who are you talking to?"  A woman's voice appeared sounded like she was behind my dad.

I couldn't hold my tears.

There are many questions remaining in my brain that I always wanted to ask him as my biological dad but as the years passed by I started to get used without his presence.

I took a deep breath and sighed, "There's no reason for us to talk or see each other again." I spoke as my tears left my eyes.

stopping myself from sobbing, "Please let this be the last time... that you'll ever contact me."

"Y/N please let me expl-" without letting him finish his sentence, I ended the call and blocked his number while I was sobbing

"Y/N!" Yera shouted. She ran towards me and stood beside me, I could see her holding two cups of ice cream in my peripheral vision but i couldn't face her... my friends know that I have a rock-hard heart.

The Y/N they know is the Y/N that never cries.

I ran away.

I ran like the world around me freezed.

It felt like I was in a slow motion phase and all I could hear was my heart beating and my sobs.

Thug!

"Shit!" The guy I bumped into complains quietly as I fall down.

"Watch where you're going!"

I wiped my tears away

"im so sorry" I spoke between my sobs as I pick up my things that fell before standing back up again and continue to leave the exit door.

It's raining..

I roamed my eyes around for a nearby taxi.

"Taxi!" I shouted while putting my hand up to signal.

Then a taxi stops infront of me, I quickly opened the door and sat at the back seat.

"Please take me to Southwest villages near Hangu University." I was freezing cold after getting wet from the rain moreover, I felt much even more bad after crying.

"Why aren't we moving?" I asked the driver confusedly

We made eye contact on the mirror,
He nods "Please buckle your seatbelt." He says before driving away.

My phone started to vibrate every second as I checked, it was messages from Jin

"Huh? who's Jin?" I quietly whispered confusedly to myself.

I pressed the home button and saw it was a different wallpaper.

That's when I realized it wasn't my phone.

fuck.

I recalled the scene from earlier when a guy bumped me and I accidentally took the wrong phone.

Out of all people I could bump into, why did i have to bump into someone with the same phone as I am!

I sighed and scratched my forehead..

"This day isn't really going well for me" I shut my eyes, couldn't handle the stress this day caused me.

Boss, I might come delayed today I have to send a girl home. This'll be quick:)

I read the message from whoever this Jin
was.

What the hell am I gonna do with this phone?

"Miss, we're here."

I looked at the window and saw the gate of my apartment.

"Thank you! How much is it?" I asked while searching for my wallet in my bag.

"No need miss."

I looked at him a little shocked.

we made eye contact

He sat back properly, his back facing me. "I'm not a taxi driver so I was taken a  back when you entered my car but I couldn't stand seeing a girl go home in the middle of the rain." He spoke in gentle manner.

"But I insist to pay-"

He cuts my words "Take it as a gift from a good Samaritan. but if you're really eager to repay me take this." He hands me a small paper with a phone number listed.

I nod without thinking.

I took my things and left his car. As I was walking towards the gate,  He rolled his window down and shouted:

"Make sure you call me later pretty girl!"

I smiled.