4

"Marin, come prepare the table for dinner."

Marins relationship with his parents had been rocky for months now since the Italian manipulator had come into his life.

It wasn't too different from how they used to be, neglecting because of the booming business they ran. But when they had made time for him, it had been full of warmth and softness as they made up for the lost time.

However, they now didn't make time for him. Dinners were full of silence or the weeks batch of accusations from Lila that the couple had become victim to. More often then not, Marin would take the meal up to his room and pick at it miserably, before giving it to the kwamis that resided in his room.

"Coming Maman." He replied, coming down from his loft room into the kitchen. He pulled the cutlery out and started laying the table, as he had every dinner for as long as he could remember.

"So, anything interesting happen today." Sabine asked carefully, her eyes narrowed but not looking at her son, focused on the cooking.

Marin inwardly sighed, knowing this would come up at some point and that there was no chance the news of his title as class president had been taken would've slipped past them. The comfortable weight of Plagg in his inside pocket grounded him.

"Yes actually, Madam Bustier decided it would be best to take my position of class president, cause of how the class like, hates me." He rolled his eyes at the end, and dug into his meal as soon as it was placed in-front of him. He could feel his mothers eyes square in on him.

"With good reason too apparently." She began, and Marin could barley stop himself from groaning out loud, but the blow was softened slightly by the snickering he could hear from Plagg that made his lips twitch, "Alya came in today, from what we've heard, you and been stealing Lilas designs! The poor girl didn't do anything to deserve this! I don't understand where we went wrong raising you!" There was a fire in the short woman's eyes which was then reflected in her sons as he jumped up.

"Me?! Steal her designs?!" Marin was insulted now, "You know that I've been designing since I was like, six! And some girl comes in saying that actually they're hers! I cannot believe you!" He didn't want to loose his cool but he was reaching the end of his line. Plagg did nothing but encourage him, enjoying hut kit standing up for himself.

"Marin," Toms sharp voice echoed in the tense room. "Don't raise you voice at your mother." Marin actually laughed out loud at that, a humourless laugh.

"Oh yes, heaven forbid I do anything to possibly upset Maman. But the minuet she comes up to me, shouting about how I've done one thing or another, which there's no proof of, you're standing by her side shouting with her." Marins face was going a shade of red, his chest heaving with heavy breaths as he tried to contain his anger. A small pat from Plagg in his jacket reminded him to calm down unless he wanted to be akumatised.

"We should've never had you!" It was maman again, " we never planned for children! At the time you were a happy accident! And now I see you were just a mistake." Her voice was now calm and cold, slicing through the blunette. Marins eyes filled with hurt before he put up his walls, and walked away from the table up to his room.

~~~

20 minutes later and Marin was riding his skateboard down the street, a bag full of necessities on his back. He would get the rest of his stuff once he found a place to settle in. Wherever that was.

He could go to Lukas, but Juleka was there and the house boat was small enough already. Kagami was a passing thought, considering her mothers strictness. Chloe was out of the question considering the Mayor had something against him.

I could just sleep on the streets...

"Marin!" The kwami of destruction broke him from his consideration, looking at him in concern from his breast pocket. "You've gotta find somewhere to stay, kit. It's not safe in the streets, what with the crime rates going so high since Hawkbutt. Plus it's gonna rain." Just as he stated a loud rumble was heard in the sky and the downpour started. Marin cursed under his breath.

Maybe I could just go out as Shadow Cat. That way I could look out for law breaking. But it would be fair to Plagg...

"Yeah I know, I'll find somewhere."

~~~

Just knock on the door! Cmon you've been here before! They said you welcome any-

"Marin! What are doing here?" His thoughts were once again interrupted, this time by the door in front of him being opened by Penny Rolling. "Come inside! You must be freezing!" The pink haired woman brought him into the suit that she and her fiancé stayed in, leading him to the bathroom. "Here, take a warm shower and change into some dry clothes. I assume you have some in your bag." Marin nodded, she had always been the perceptive one in her relationships. "Good, I'll go talk to your Uncle whilst you get warm." She sent him a comforting smile and he returned it with a smaller one of his own before closing the door and preparing for a nice long shower.