Ch. 1

Somewhere in the city of Musutafu, in a dark alley, down a couple flights of stairs, around a few corners, and underground lies a place most know as the arena. Along its vast land lies a building, a small room to allow many in. Not far lies a gate, a gate so tall even the giants themselves could step through; a gate so tall and wide it would put UA's doors to shame.

Looking in on the arena a hoard of folk can be seen. From the big to the small and even the unseen. All of whom can be seen cheering, screaming, and yelling. People can be seen making bets, calling on even cheering for their choices, and trying to earn some money.

'Oh, you look at that. The battles are beginning again, let's have a look. Shall we?'

When looking into the small room not much can be said about it. The walls are plain beige the floors are made of dark brown wooden planks. There is a couple of tables manned by people each taking care of the person in front of them. Some look to be headed to the higher levels handing over big sums of money; while others hand over smaller sets, no doubt headed to the standard seats. Looking around there are chairs full of people of all kinds, one no doubt waiting to get in and others not so fortunate.

The less fortunate look to be sad as if they can tell what's to come. Why, there is a boy (he looks to be the type to have been a nobleman if we were back in said ere.)with what appears to be a young girl by his side. She looks to be chained, shivering, and to be telling herself that everything is fine; oh the poor girl. She looks to be no older than ten years old, with pretty blonde hair and blue eyes. It amazes me what you humans do to one another.

The boy looks to be striking up a deal with a big man. The man clad from head to toe in lavish garments happened to be a big man, a big chunky man. Ugly in the face, double chin, and has ugly hanging skin; I dare say he's giving off goblin king vibes. The man hands the boy a stack of cash after 'assessing his new goods' and gives the boy a half hug while directing him down a hallway.

'Let's follow them, yeah?'

The man leads the boy down a set of stairs leading to what looks to be a vast room so filthy you would wonder just how long it's been since it was last cleaned. the walls are coated in a mystery substance and the smell is just awful. The room is lined with cells so rotten you might get an infection just from grazing it, never mind looking at it. Most cells seem to have a person in them, some with more than one person in them. Each of the beings in the cells looks to be beaten, bruised, and as filthy as can be; like they have yet to discover what a bath is. Covered in rags with holes in them, scars and cuts running along their beings; It's times like these that I pity humans.

Hidden in a cell lies a group of kids each as filthy as the last and some more than others but each appear to have been through the ring. Clad in black lays a woman with tattered caramel skin, brown eyes and hair to match. Hair tied in a low ponytail while a pair of thick rimed glasses lay upon her head. With a scowl on her face and the scars to match I think it's a safe be to stay away from her.

Another woman lay beside her, sporting a not so clean bandage wrapped around her leg. With dark skin, long black hair, and bright blue eyes anyone could tell she was a looker. Wearing a white now gray shirt with patches of dirt hear and there in it. Black spacious pants and the most tattered sandals one can have, you would question why she's even wearing them.

Not far in the corner wearing nothing but a long sack a young girl sits rocking herself back and forth in a repetitive manner. She can be seen with dirty, dirty blonde hair, green eyes shut so tight she might give herself a headache. The lady looked to be so scared like she had the life drained from her. Rocking back and forth, back and forth, muttering about how she was going to die, how she barely survives. Even with her occasional blinking of her eyes on can easily see that her eyes are bloodshot and full almost like she had been crying all night.