Chapter 14: Valentine

A/N: Chapter 14 is also the 14th of February...aka Valentine's Day. You know what that means: teenage drama :)

---

In February, the students of Hogwarts heard the most shocking news.

Percy Weasley, as the Head Boy, had decided to listen to the requests of his fellow students and announced that there would be a school Valentine's Party in two weeks for Fifth-years and above.

Emilia was completely surprised that he'd organise something like that, but the twins reckoned it was only so he could impress the Head Girl, Penelope Clearwater, who also happened to be his girlfriend.

It was a party rather than a formal event that required actual evening wear, but Emilia and the other girls went to Hogsmeade to pick out some fancy party dresses to wear to match the Valentine's Day theme.

Emilia also picked up a cute Valentine's card for Roger, who had been acting a bit distant recently. She figured he was stressed about the upcoming OWLs, as was she, so she hoped that a card and a small gift bag from Honeydukes would cheer him up.

The morning of Valentine's day meant that breakfast consisted of owls delivering cards, gifts and chocolates across the tables in the Great Hall.

Emilia watched as people happily opened their gifts and she waited for something from Roger to arrive for her, unless he'd planned on hand-delivering something in a sort of romantic display, being her boyfriend.

She glanced across the table to see Fred, George and their other friends watching the deliveries arrive, "are you guys hoping for a secret admirer?" she teased and they smirked.

"Absolutely not," George said, faking a yawn.

"Valentine's Day is extremely overrated," Fred added. "I'm looking forward to the discounts on chocolate in Honeydukes after, though."

Emilia smiled at him, "good plan, Fred."

He smiled back and opened his mouth as if to say something else, but then an owl flew over the table and dropped a single red rose down in front of Emilia.

A huge smile spread across her face and she picked it up, reading the note tied to the stem, 'Happy Valentine's Day, Emilia' it read, with a single 'x' on the bottom.

"From loverboy?" George asked.

She grinned, her eyes welling up slightly, "how did he remember that red roses are my favourite? I swear I only mentioned it once, and that was before Christmas."

The boy in question walked towards her with the gifts she'd sent him and she stood up to greet him with an elated grin.

He gave her a smile, "good morning, Emilia." Then he leaned down and just barely brushed his lips against her cheek, "thanks for these."

"I'm glad you like them, and thank you for the rose, it's beautiful," she said, beaming.

His brow furrowed for a second and he looked down at the single rose in her hand, "oh, yeah! I'm glad you like it."

She smiled warmly up at him and looked down at the flower again, "is it one of those enchanted flowers we were talking about before Christmas? I love it. I can't believe you remembered that red roses are my favourite."

"They are?" he asked, sounding a bit confused for some reason.

"Yes! Remember I told you? Rose is my middle name, and my mum used to call me 'petal'." Emilia reminded him.

He grinned sheepishly, "oh yeah, I guess I have a great memory."

"Will I meet you outside the Great Hall before the party, then? We could walk in together?" she suggested.