Chapter 1 - The First Encounter

Y/n POV
People don't enjoy work that much. I feel like people should find their passion or, what do you call it? Click?

Ever since I've started working on this bookstore, I've actually quite loved it. I thought it was going to be like one of those boring ass jobs that a normal college kid would get, but I actually really enjoyed this one. I get to met all types of people from different parts of the country or actually... the world! I get to learn a lot about them just by the book they get. For instance, if you get multiple romance books, you probably love romance and you're probably quite the romantic.

Every day, new people come in and I get to learn new stories. I also get to know people more.

I made a friend the last 7 months, and well we talk almost every single day. She comes by at work at my break time and we get to catch up on each other's life and of course drama. We both go to the same school, but we don't talk as much there because we basically don't see each other there.

It was a typical day at work, organizing books and getting things set. I look at one of my coworkers signaling to flip the open/closed sign to open. I get to see our regular customers in the tables sitting. Most of them typically study and get coffee. Some of them also get books to read of course. I did my job as I am assigned to.
_____________________________________________
It was night time which means it's time to close the store. I start cleaning up the floor, organizing the books until someone knocks on the door.

*knock knock knock*

I look at them and point to the closed sign. He ignored and knocked again. I gave up so I open the door.

y/n: "Excuse me sir, but were already closed"

???: "Can you please do me a favor, please?"

y/n: "What is it?"

???: "I need to look for a Book and I really need it right now"

y/n: "I'll let you in, but you're going to have to search for it yourself because I already turned off all of my computers"

???: "That's okay"

I let the man in the store look through the bookshelves and he quickly looks for the book. I notices that he seems very concerned. I approach to him and ask...

Y/n: "What type of book are you looking for?"

???: "Its a mystery book"

Y/n: "Why do you need it so desperately?"

???: "Well umm... Typically I don't have free days and today is one of them. I don't want it to end so... when I read a book it takes minutes, hours and seconds go by so slow"

Y/n: "I see. Do you have the name?"

???: "Its called 4 days"

Y/n: "Oh damn, that book is sold out and isn't arriving until next Monday"

???: "Really? Damn."

Y/n: "Do you really need it?"

???: "If you don't have it that's okay, but thank you for your service"

The man goes towards the door to leave, but I stop him.

Y/n: "Wait! I actually have it!"

???: "You do?"

Y/n: "Yeah, but this book I did buy it, like I own it. I bring it everywhere with me because it's a really good book, it's one of my favorites in fact"

???: "I can't let you do that"

Y/n: "Actually I insist that you take it, I get really bad feelings later on when I don't get to help people"

???: "Are you sure?" He said as he was taking it.

Y/n: "Of course! You can give it to me back when you finish. Just don't take too long" I said laughing a bit.

???: "Okay, then you so much! I'll give it to you when I finish."

Y/n: "Perfect! What's your phone number so you can give me a heads up?"

I gave him my phone so he can put his phone number and he calls me.

Y/n: "Okay, thank you! What's your name by the way?

???: "Oh my name is Ban-... Chan."

Y/n: "Okay, thank you"

Chan: "Nah, I should be thanking you for the book".

Y/n: "I'll accept your thank you once you return it".

Chan: "Okay then, see you very soon".

I wave at him goodbye as he leaves the door. I lock the door and go back to my cleaning.

Back to cleaning!