strike first

❝ season one, episode two ❞

Janiya's first day of school really wasn't that bad except for when a group of boys whistled at her. Janiya always caught the male eye and hated it.

During second period Janiya and Marcus decided to leave school early to get something to eat. They came back just in time for the lunch bell, the siblings dapped each other up before going separate ways in the cafeteria.

Janiya spotted Miguel and the blond boy she sat next in first period. The girl walked towards the table, only to be stopped by a group of girls.

"Hey, we really love your outfit." The blonde complimented. "Thanks." Janiya looked down at her outfit, kind of confused. She only had on some low rise jeans and a white tank top.

"Wanna sit with us?"

"No thanks, I'm sitting wih my friend." Janiya pointed over at Miguel. The blonde furrowed her eyesbrows in confusion. Why would someone like her would want to sit with a bunch of nerds. 

"Oh yeah all the time! We hang out after school and give each other handjobs," One of them exclaimed. "Eli here is homecoming king. He gets laid more than anyone-"

The boy paused as Janiya pulled a chair out and sat next at the table.

"Hi Miguel." Janiya slightly smiled at the boy. "Hey," Miguel greeted. "This is Janiya, a friend of mine. She's new here too."

"I'm Demetri and this is Eli." The boy introduced. The girl smiled at them and grabbed the comic out of her backpack.

"You read comics?"

"Yeah, strictly Marvel though." Janiya responded as she put her glasses on.

"Oh shit, Yasmine's looking at us. Probably just make fun of me." Eli muttered looking down.

"I don't see how she's making fun of you. Just because they're hot doesn't mean they're mean." Miguel objected. Janiya looked over at the girls, seeing the blonde one whispering and giggling.

"I don't care if Yasmine is the meanest girl at school, I'd kill all three of you just to get her to spit in my face." Demetri stared at the girl from afar.

"Don't say that." Janiya shot him a glare before turning her attention to the comic.

"If you don't make a move, you'll never have a shot with her." Miguel spoke. "True but I'll never suffer a humilating rejection. I'm at peace with my depression, last thing I need to be is suicidal." Demetri sighed.

Miguel stood up and started heading towards Yasmine's table. "What are you doing?" Demetri asked.

"Striking first."

Before Miguel could get there, Kyler and his friends beat him to it. Kyler wrapped his arms around Sam's shoulder. The boys laughed as Miguel stood rhe there in the middle of the cafeteria. He quickly turned around and went back to his seat.
"So how'd it go?" Demetri teased.

The day passed on and school was finally over. Janiya went to go to the dojo Miguel was talking about and Johnny immediately let her join, after what he saw last night.

Janiya stood there watching Miguel punch the dummy. "Punch harder." She muttered. The boy did it again using the same force from last time. "You're still doing it wrong." Janiya facepalmed.

"Then how do you do it?" Miguel questioned. "Okay feet apart, look your enemy in the eye then punch him in the face." Janiya explained and she punched the dummy.

"Your turn."

Miguel did exactly what she instructed. His punches had more form and become harder.

The rest of the day they fixed up the dojo, making it look more presentable. Someone entered the dojo and Johnny walked out of his office. "Welcome to Cobra-"

"Some things never change huh?" Daniel, one of his high school enemies spoke.

"What are you talking about"

"I'm hearing you and some 15 year old girl beat up a bunch of teenagers in a parking lot." The man revealed.

"I didn't beat up any teenagers, I beat the shit out of a bunch of assholes who deserved it." Johnny corrected. "Wow, Johnny Lawrence calling someone else and asshole. That's rich man." The man scoffed.

"Look I'm not here to rehash the past. Just stay away from my daughter's friends." Daniel demanded, glaring at the man. "Your daughter's friends, makes sense. Nice company she keeps." Johnny nodded after puttin two and two together.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean!?"

"It means those friends of hers were wailing on a kid half their size, lucky we had his back. Can't even imagine what would've happened if we wasn't there. You don't know your daughter as well as you think, get your house in order Larusso!" Johnny exclaimed.

"Sensei we're done!"

"Sensei really? Oh my god you two, I don't know what he's told you but you shouldn't believe a word this guy says or you're going to end up just like him." Daniel informed to the teens

Miguel looked at Janiya and she just shrugged.

"You and I. This we aren't done." Daniel said before storming out of the dojo.

"What the hell was that?"

©𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐘𝟑𝐗