different but same

❝ season one, episode nine ❞

Janiya was at the park with her friends, listening to Miguel rant about his relationship problems.

"I still think you're overreacting." Demetri shrugged. "I'm not overreacting dude, I know what I saw." Miguel denied, smacking his lips.

"Alright you saw her eating dinner with some chode." Eli chimed in, kicking Bert in the face. "It's probably her brother or something."

"But dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that.."

"Depends on what part of the country you're in." Demetri muttered, making Janiya shake her head at his remarks. "I just don't want what happened to Sensei to happen to me." Miguel sighed. "Just go over to this kid and beat his ass so he doesn't have a chance." Eli suggested.

"Don't listen to Eli." Janiya and Demetri said in unison.

"It's Hawk."

"Yeah whatever," Demetri rolled his eyes. "The fact is Sam's given you no reason to not trust her."

"Yeah I guess you're right." Miguel agreed.
"Oh that bitch!" Aisha shouted.

"What's wrong?"

"You know that video I posted of me breaking that board? Look what Yasmine commented." Aisha handed her phone to Janiya, Miguel looking over her shoulders reading it too. "Why haven't you blocked her yet?" Janiya asked.

Aisha shrugged, "I've gotta do something."

"How about we kidnap her and have my boy Rico tattoo 'bitch' on her face?" Eli smirked. Janiya and Demetri have him the side eye. "Calm down Hawk." Demetri mocked.

"Alright, I hear how you're saying and I don't like it."

"I've gotta a better idea." Aisha said showing her phone. "Yasmine's throwing a birthday party at the Canyon later?" Miguel asked.
"Not if we strike first."

After planning to crash Yasmine's party, the group went to the mini mart to get a couple of things.

"Why are we buying alcohol?" Janiya asked slamming her truck door. "Calm down princess, don't underestimate the power of the Hawk." Eli said with a cocky grin.

Miguel stayed outside to call Sam, while the others went inside. Eli placed a pack of beers on the counter and greeted the cashier. "Sup did you catch the game last night? See Puig with the walkoff?"

"Nah man but I heard he flipped the bat to the moon." The cashier replied.

"Yeah I was the bar last night with my buddies from work. The whole place went wild."

"I wanted to go but my girlfriend dragged me to some lame ass play."

"Bitches will be bitches." Janiya frowned at him, placing the pack of Arizonas on the counters. "How much is it gonna cost?" He asked. "Gotta check ID first."

"I'm flattered " Hawk chuckled, the cashier blankly stared at him. "You really think I'm underage? This is my fianceé right there."  Eli wrapped his arm around Janiya, which caught her by surprise. "Congrats but I still need to see it. It's required by law."

"For sure, just upholding the law." Eli laughed while pulling out his ID. The cashier studied the card for a while and he bought it. "It's all good."

"How about 8 bottles of that vodka right there?"

The party was doing great. People were either dancing, making out or getting drunk. Janiya stood beside Miguel watching him try to get on contact with Sam. "Still nothing?" Aisha asked. "Nope." He sighed.

"Maybe her phone died." Janiya said. Miguel shook his head, "Whatever, let's get the party started without her." He grabbed a beer and chugged it.

Time passed and Janiya was on the back of her tailgate, keeping an eye in her friends. Demetri was sitting by himself sipping a coke, Eli was doing god knows what and Miguel was one his 3rd beer.

"Want something to drink princess?" Janiya snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Eli.
"No thanks."

Eli sat next to her and took a deep breath, "I've been wanting to ask you something lately." He began. "What's going on." She tilted her head with a slight smile on her face. "Do you wanna-"

"What's that suppose to mean? Wait have you been drinking?!" Sam shouted which caught Janiya's attention.

"Nah don't put this on me. I've texted and called you and you couldn't answer me back once!" Miguel argued. "I literally couldn't, my mom took my phone!" Sam shot back.
"Aw fuck, I knew buying beer was a bad idea." Janiya huffed as she hopped off the tailgate. Eli watched at the girl walked towards the commotion, he  internally scolded himself for not being fast enough.

"Oh that's convenient." He scoffed. "Hey watch it man!" Robby said, earning a shove to the ground. "Miguel knock it off." Janiya smacked her lips as she pulled him away.

Miguel accidentally punched her before she could say anything else. "Janiya. Janiya I'm...I'm sorry it was accident-"

"All over some misunderstanding? You do realize what you're doing is bad right?!" Janiya spat as she stood up. "I'm going home."

©𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐘𝟑𝐗