Before Death

(As the title says, this is before they die so they're like 9 or something. A short chapter to make me want to start writing again.)

C.C.'s POV

It was Sunday! That means I get to have my weekly tea party with, Susi, Cassidy, and Charlie! My dad always makes us the best sweet tea ever, which I find a little funny considering he's more of a coffee guy, but I guess it's just the British blood in him. Anyways, I got everything set up and ready for our immaculate tea party. I got out a cheap, soft pink, plastic table, that had been worn out, and threw on a neat, white, table cover. I set out 5 plates and tea cups, just in case my father wanted to join us. I always had backup if Lizzy or Henry came and joined. I brought out the matching chairs that came with the table. I put a chair where each cup was and pushed them in. I examined the setup. The chairs were small but we fit on them. The tablecloth was made for much bigger tables than the cheapo, kid one we had. The plastic tea cups and plates are just the size for our small stomachs to fill. It was perfect. I looked at the time and saw that I had enough time to make some cookies fast. I wanted to make it with someone though. I went into the living room to find someone to help and saw Michael. God, would he even let me talk to him without walking away or getting after me? Who cares. I thought to myself. I put on my best pleading face, took a deep breath, and went up to him.
"Hey, um, Mikey?" He looked at me. He didn't look like the normal cheeky or stressed-out teenager he usually looked like, instead, he looked calm. What a weird sight to see. He cocked up an eyebrow.
"What." He spoke sternly. Not mad, but stern.
"I, um, was hoping you could help me make some cookies before my friends get here?" I tried to speak in my most innocent voice.
"You mean your little girlfriends?" He laughed at himself. I could care less about what he said, but I really wanted him to help me, so I put on my best-hurt face to make him regret it. He looked over at me still laughing and immediately stopped. He may have been a jerk to me but I know he has weak spots for me. He wasn't necessarily panicking but he certainly didn't want me to cry...for some reason. It was weird. Normally I can tell what his intentions are but he generally seemed like he didn't want to see me cry. Not because he was annoyed and didn't want to hear it, but because he would have felt bad. "I'll help you." He spoke a little more softly. His voice broke just the slightest bit.
Did I make him sad? He dragged me to the kitchen and started to get out the ingredients. He did most of the work. He barely let me do anything. Once the cookies were done and all cooled, I heard the doorbell ring. I rushed over to the door and waited for my dad to get there eagerly. As he walked over and opened up the door, I saw my (probably favorite) friend.
"CASSIDY!!!" I nearly jumped up on her. Her father and mine glared at each other before Cassidy and I ran off. After a bit of playing pretends with each other we heard the bell ring once more. Before we could get there, Henry and Charlie were already inside.
"C.C., play with your friends while Henry and I...hang out." William patted my head and gave me a kiss before walking to what used to be my mom's and my father's room before she abandoned us and died.-
"What did you think they're doing in there?" Cassidy smirked.
"What do you mean?" Charlie and I questioned. She had a small look of disappointment before dismissing us. We all sat down with our stuffed animals and started to eat the cookies. Cassidy and I both had Fredbear stuffies so we improvised and claimed that they were twin brothers. Mine Fred and her's Bear. Charlotte had a Puppet stuffy so it didn't need another name.
"My, my, these cookies are so..." Cassidy thought for a second as she took another bite from her cookie. "Immaculate!" I laughed a bit and responded.
"Yes, yes, I had some help from Micheal." Both of the girls looked at me like I was insane.
"And he didn't...like...uh-" Charlie tried finding her words but couldn't.
"Did he hurt you or something? What was the catch?" She sounded quite worried which heated up my face a bit. God, I know she's my friend and all but the fact that she cares enough about me to be worried about me is so attractive. She's so pretty, strong, brave, and- "C.C.!" I jumped back in my seat. My face was redder than before. Cassy looked at me like I was crazy. She slowly got closer and closer to my face as she inspected me. OMG, she was so close to my face. Centimeters away from our lips connecting. "You're really red, C.C. Are you okay?" Charlie asked. I looked over at her and got embarrassed. I got out of my chair and ran off to my room. The second I got there, I started crying. In the middle of my fit, I heard a knock at my door.