Parties

(Hey! Sorry I haven't uploaded in a bit, other things came up. Please enjoy! Also human AU)

          Loud music, people swaying tragically off beat, spiked punch, and random assorted finger foods to keep people from raiding the fridge. The normal college party in perfect summary. You couldn't really hear anyone that wasn't right in front of you, which was perfectly fine for Nico di Angelo because he had an excuse to not join the main group.

         Normally he wouldn't have gone to a party like this, he would like to be at his dorm, painting over his chipped black nail polish with a new coat. Instead he had been dragged here by Hazel who worried 'If you stay inside and get any paler, people'll start trying to put you in the printing machine'. This argument made no sense to the Italian as the party was indoors, and at night, so there was 0 chance for any tanning to occur. Nonetheless, he had allowed her to drag him here, and was now perched on an armchair in the corner.

         The ravenette was playing Candy Crush on his phone, just to pass the time, when he realised someone was now standing next to him. He tucked the device in the pocket of his jeans and looked up, seeing a boy. The boy in question had wavy blonde hair, tan skin, and blue eyes that seemed to sparkle with laughter though the stranger wasn't currently laughing. Instead he was making an awkward attempt at a smile.

          "Hey," The taller said as casually as possible. Nico was trying not to enter full gay panic mode, and spun his silver rings around his fingers nervously.

          "Hey, you bored too?" The Italian asked, figuring that the other hated this sort of social climate just as much as he did. After all, if parties were his scene he'd be drunk and dancing with the rest of the guests.

         "A little," The blonde admitted, smiling a bit for a reason Nico couldn't deduce. 

         "I mean seriously who throws a party, with drinks, that has an end time of three am? By that point people are going to be sick, and throwing up everywhere which is going to be a pain in the ass to deal with. Not to mention this music is the actual fucking worst, there was country music playing earlier, at a fucking college party! Plus, whatever they spiked the punch with tastes like actual shit, and I don't even want to be here-" The shorter ended up ranting all his grievances without truly realising he was doing it. He didn't actually hate the party as much as he claimed, but the other seemed rather engaged, which only encouraged him to keep going. 

          Eventually, this stopped when Hazel reappeared from god knows where, and saw the two together. She quickly came over, smiling at the fact that her brother was finally talking to someone, and also now had a drink. 

         "Hey Nico! I see you've met Will," She said, cutting off her sibling in the middle of his sentence. He hadn't even noticed her, and neither had Will.

          "Yeah, um well I hadn't caught his name, but yeah," The pale boy answered, a bit sheepishly as he realised his mistake of not knowing the other's name, as he had never thought to ask.

           "Well it's his party so you have him to thank for inviting us," Hazel explained, hoping this would start further conversation between the two, before taking her leave. Nico felt his pale fact turn absolute blood red in mortification and realisation. He turned back to Will, who had a slight smirk on his face.

          "Shit, fuck, this is your party?" The shorter asked in a bit of a panic.

          "Yep," The blonde responded, holding back laughter as the shorter's brown eyes widened.

          "And I've been ranting about how much it fucking sucks for the past ten minutes?" Nico questioned.

           "Mhmm," Will answered, giving way a little smile as the other scrambled for words. 

            "I'm sorry- Jesus please don't hate me- I mean playing country music is some bull shit but it's really not that bad," The Italian stated, which got the taller to let loose his laughter at the smaller in front of him. This made the ravenette relax a bit, laughter was usually a good sign.

             "It's fine, really, I took it as kind of constructive criticism if I do this again, so kind of thanks," Will assured him, still smiling a little.

              "You're sure we're good?" The shorter asked, face still bright red from embarrassment. 

              "Well there's one thing I need from you," The blonde answered, getting a slight smirk on his face again.

                 "Yeah, sure, anything," Nico answered to quickly, just wanting to get this nightmare of an interaction settled.

                 "Your number,"

(I know this was short, but I couldn't really stretch it out much more. Thanks for reading and please vote and leave requests! Thanks!)