ANGER

Anakin was not in a good mood. He was restless, more than at any other time, and he was anxious, which happened on very rare occasions. He was sitting on the sofa in Padme's apartment, twirling his commlink in his hand, frustratingly sighing occasionally. It was only a day since Ivy went on her mission, and he was losing his mind because he didn't know what was happening on Mandalore. Worst possible scenarios were playing in his mind, and he was willing to admit that he got used to her presence, her being his Padawan, and for sure didn't want anything to happen to her.

He thought about going to the Jedi Council once again or directly to Master Yoda and perhaps even begging to be allowed to go to Mandalore. But, for now, Anakin was able to restrain himself. Only hoping that soon there is going to be a short message from his Padawan. "I'm safe" or "I'm alright" would be enough for him.

While she was gone, he tried to do some more research in the library, and he tried, tried and tried, but truth be told, he couldn't focus on anything; every sentence he read had to be read ten times for him even to understand what it was trying to say. So, he gave up and decided to wait for Ivy to continue their research.

Anakin was so deep in his thought that he had never heard Padme entering their apartment. Only her gentle hand on his shoulder made him come back to reality. Looking at her over his shoulder, he didn't welcome her with a smile but a frown, which she either chose to ignore or she didn't notice. Padme leaned over the sofa, and her face came to his ear with a smile. "Hi, I wasn't expecting you so soon. I thought you would still be at the Temple" she went to kiss his cheek, but he stood up abruptly before she could.

When he turned around to face her, he saw her shocked and borderline hurt expression. But it didn't affect his cold demeanor and the slight frown on his face. "Anakin?" she questioned him with a quiet voice and straightened herself.

"You went behind my back," he said in a calm voice that held an edge of anger.

"What do you mean?"

"You should have told me first and then go to the Council," he explained and never moved. He almost looked like a statue.

Padme blinked and took a deep breath. He was acting the way he was right after the Council meeting, but she believed it was only the tension of the mission getting to him. But now, she was looking at her future husband, and there was something in his eyes she couldn't recognize. Let alone the tone he was using while addressing her. He was never so cold to her. So distant. He was warm to her. His eyes were full of admiration whenever he looked at Padme, and she loved it. She liked that she was his whole world to the extent that he was willing to break the Jedi Code and marry her in the future. He was breaking the rules by having a romantic relationship with her. This was different, and it sent cold shivers down her body, not because she was afraid, no, never. But because something changed in his eyes.

"I – Anakin, what are you talking about? Of course, I went to the Council. This is a political issue—a war issue. I don't understand," she shook her head and went around the sofa to be closer to him, reaching out her hands to him, but he took two steps back. It hurt her. He didn't want her touch. He didn't want to be close to her.