I woke up in a chair

When I woke up, I was in a chair.

Is that surprising? 

Probably not.

The problem would be that I had no idea where I was.

No wait, that was only the first problem

The second problem was that I was, in fact strapped to the chair

The third problem was that both my head, arm, and ribs hurt like hades had tried to murder me.

So yeah that sucked.

There are MANY more problems, but my head has started to throb and so I will stop listing them.

Outside of the cell I was in, I heard voices.

"Bronte! How good to see you!" said voice one.

"Not necessarily under good circumstances..." replied the second voice, who must be Bronte, she inferred.

"Oh, what happened?"

"The neverseen broke into my castle, and nearly stole my cache. The "member" is a child."

"So... a child broke into your castle and nearly stole your cache?"

"... that's not why you're here anyways. The member is severely beaten up and I need you to patch them up"

"They're unconscious? "

"Yes."

The elves came into view of a glaring child in horrible condition. 

"I lied, she's awake." said Bronte looking surprised

"Bronte that is an actual child!"

"I told you it was Elwin." said Bronte, frowning

Ahh, so his name is Elwin. 

"Right but... okay wow... alright." stammered Elwin

"Elwin" entered the cell, approaching me non-threateningly. "Hello! My name is-"

"Elwin Heslage?" I interupted

"Yes- but how did you...?" 

"Simple. The councilour said your name, and you responded. The only registered Elwin is Elwin Heslage, a medic who has frequently interacted with members and recruits of the black swan, as well as the council." I said, barley scratching the surface of what I had read from him.

The doctor stared at me with a incredulous expression. I took pride in that. "Well, then, I'm Doctor Elwin Heslage, and you know why I am here?" I did know why he was here. Buuut doctors scare me so I just shook by head. "I'm here to check you up"

Ahhhh fuck. I HATE doctors, and what's worse is that my ADHD was kicking in, and now I was practically squirming against the tight bonds. 

"Calm down... it's alright."

To put it simply, Valdis did not calm down. Doctors are not a force to be trifled with.

I did not calm down, opting to hold still instead. The doctor took out his glasses, and slid them onto his nose neatly. "Kay, lets get a temperature first. Open big!" I bit my lip before opening it, and he pushed the cold silver under my tongue. 

I kept my face impassive, my facade unchallenged as the doctor buzzed around me, looking concerned for some reason. "In the name of- EVERYTHING what happened to you??" he asked, panic in his voice. "I fell down some stairs." 

Valdis did much more than fall down some stairs.

(POV change to Elwin)

"BRONTE GET OVER HERE!" I shouted. Bronte came in. "What?" "malnourishment, bruises, cuts, SCARS everywhere, sleep deprivation, ADHD, broken arm, 4 broken ribs-" I began. "How." "I have no idea, ask her." "What happened to you?" asked Bronte, sighing deeply. "As I said, I fell down some stairs." "If you don't tell us, we can't help you!" I protested. "As if I need your help" said the damaged child.

Valdis probably did, in fact need their help. 

"You kinda do..." Bronte started. 

"I managed on my own for 14 years. I can do it again."  

"14 years..." asked Elwin in wonder. 

"Is that how old you are?" 

"Probably. That's what Fintanny says."

Elwin died of laughter. I smiled at that, and then remembered I was stuck in a small room and bound to a chair.

Suddenly, there was a very loud crash. The ceiling fell, knocking out both of the elves and sparing me. 

"Heyyyy sis!" came a very chirpy voice.

"Hello, Azrail"

"Wow, so formal. Did the sparkly elves transformitate you?" asked my 9 year old half sister.

"Not a word Azy"

"Fineeee."

She cut my bonds, and we leapt to Bronte's castle, grabbing the cache, and running off before the goblin dude came back.