Chapter Thirteen Part 3/3

One day, while the queen, Lilian and Emily were chatting a lot, the queen remembered:

"I have an idea and I would like you to help me", she said to the two and asked: "What became of the black flowers that were in your invisible home Lilian?"

"I was hoping to speak with Your Majesty first before making any decision. Now that Mirian is gone, I don't think there is any point in having them", replied the woman.

"I still have the root I took from the prison and also the book of spells if you want to destroy them", said Emily.

The queen replied:

"I have a better idea: I asked Michael about people who were turned into animals in the past and he said that transformations were common back then, but that all the people were brought back after the deal my father made. The transformed people were found through relatives or friends who knew them and knew that they were transformed. So those who agreed to the deal brought those who were transformed back. But I wonder: What if there is someone who is still transformed who cannot go back to normal because nobody remembers him? Is it possible to know, by the flower's magic, if there is someone who is still transformed into an animal?".

"Unfortunately, my queen, I was not the best of magic users and I don't know if there is a way to know that. Emily maybe can, because she's the most interested in black flowers and magic", replied Lilian.

"There is no magic of this kind in the book of Isra. For that we would have to create a new one. But as far as we know only Queen Ellen was able to create magic", said Emily.

"Here's my idea then: Since frogs are the most common forms of transformation, I will create a place near here for people to bring all the frogs they find and test the magic on them. Those who are not human will be marked and released so there is no confusion. Meanwhile, I authorize you both to study plants to create magic that allows us to know how many people are still transformed and where they are. Only you will be allowed to use the black flower and only for these cases. Do you accept?", asked the queen.

Lilian and Emily were awestruck by the proposal. And they said smiling:

"Of course, Your Majesty".

It didn't take long for all that to be done. The queen brought the roots and the black flowers from the invisible home to the palace and they were planted in an appropriate place that only Agatha, James, Lilian and Emily knew about. The queen ordered a ban on killing animals in the kingdom because of the risk of killing a human who was turned into an animal. James found a large swamp perfect for the queen's idea, the place was fenced and prepared to receive the frogs. Lilian was in charge of testing the magic on the animals and marking the ones that were not human. Emily studied everything about magic and after a while, she was the person who knew most about the power of flowers in that kingdom. The queen decreed to everyone in the kingdom to bring there any frogs and toads they could find and so it was done. Before long the place was full of amphibians.

Everyone was very happy. Peace and harmony reigned after such turbulent days they had experienced.

Almost every day Agatha and James watched the sunset together from the highest tower of the palace from where they could see the whole kingdom including the lake near the forest they always frequented.

End of chapter thirteen. One to go.