Chapter Two

When I wake up, I'm no longer on the bench. Instead, I'm laying on a white bed in a room smelling of disinfectant. 'a hospital', I realize with alarm. I sit up quickly and tear off the IV on my arm. The heart monitor starts going crazy when I take those wires off too but I ignore and search desperately for my things.

"Come one," I mutter, "It has to be here. I can't lose it."

Tears pricked my eyes as I search for Riptide. I can't lose it. It's the only thing left of him. The doors open and I turn to face the people that enter, ready to fight my way out if need be. I pause though when I see the kid from yesterday. He stands with another person, a male in a lab coat who looks like he's done with everything. We stare at each other for a moment, none of us willing to break the silence. The coat guy finally heaves a sigh and starts talking.

"I'm going to need you to calm down and get back on the bed. We're trying to heal your injuries." He says, motioning to the bed I was just on.

"No thanks." I reply and start searching the room again.

"Ma'am, your injuries aren't healed and if you don't rest, those stitches on your side will come undone." He insists.

I don't bother to reply as I finally find my weapons on a shelf in the corner. Riptide sits next to my dagger in pen form. I nearly cry out of relief. I pick it up and shove it in my pocket. Then I reach for my dagger.

"Please don't touch the weapons, miss." The kid pops up beside me, startling me.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You think asking me politely is going to do anything?"

"We just want to heal your injuries." He says.

"Why?" I snap. "You don't know me. I don't know you. so, please, explain why the hell you care."

"Because you seem like you're in a rough patch right now and I just want to make your life the slightest bit easier." He shrugs, giving me a smile.

I nearly smile back at him. He seems like a really sweet kid. But I can't. Not if he wants to live.

"Well thank you but I'll be on my way now." I say, grabbing my dagger.

"Put the dagger down." A new, more feminine voice, demands.

A redhead enters the room, a tranquilizer gun pointed at me. I quickly asses my situation and by the looks of it, she can shoot me faster than anything I can do in the next thirty seconds. And she doesn't look like somebody who would miss that shot either so I reluctantly drop my dagger back down on the shelf.

"Now listen to Bruce." The redhead instructs, motioning to the guy in the lab coat.

I tuck that little piece of information away for later and focus on Bruce.

"Please sit back down on the bed." He motions to cot I was on earlier.

I look at the redhead again and see her still pointing the tranq gun at me. I keep my eyes on her as I move towards the bed. Gaea won't kill them if I'm being to be here and speak to them. And I'm only being forced as long as she points the tranq gun at me. The minute she lowers it, i have to try my best to escape so Gaea will leave them alone. There's no use in innocent people getting hurt for being concerned. I ease myself down into the bed and wait impatiently for someone to speak. Nobody did so i took it upon myself to speak.

"Where am i?" I asked. "And how did you get me here without waking me up?"

"This is the avengers tower." The boy chirped. "And you were pretty out of it so I guess you just didn't wake up?"

He shrugged. I glared at nothing. Of course the one day I actually got a good nights sleep was the night I it kidnapped. Out of the  corner of my eye, I see the redhead start to lower the tranq gun. Thats when I lunged and knocked the gun out of her hands. Surprised shouts sounded from behind me but the redhead didnt act surprised. Instead she kicks my feet out from under me and I go crashing to the floor. She goes to pin me but I narrowly escape by rolling away.  I pick up the tranq gun as I went and manage to get up on my knees. I shot the Bruce and the boy and aimed at the redhead but she didn't stop coming toward me.  I pulled the trigger but nothing happened. I curse as I realize im all out of shots. I throw down the gun and make a break for the window across the room. Now it's become a race between me and the redhead; who can get there first. I increase my speed and pull riptide out of my pocket. I uncap the pen and throw it at the window. The window shatters and I'm about to jump out when I get tackled to the side. I punch the redhead in the jaw but she doesn't let go of me. Instead, she pins me easily and pulls out her phone.

"Hey Clint, I need backup in the Medbay. Oh and tell Tony he needs to buy another window." She says then hangs up.

She pulls me to my feet and shoves me out of the room. Someone comes running up to us and stops beside us.

"Why'd you need backup, Nat?" The person I believe to be Clint asks.

She shoves me forward.

"Peter's little friend here keeps trying to escape and has multiple weapons. I'm taking her to be interrogated now. If you could go fetch the sword outside the tower and wake up Bruce and Peter, That would be great." She says.

I pale. Interrogated? I should have been more successful in my attempt to escape. Because now I'm really in position i want to get out of. I try to resist as 'Nat' starts dragging me down the hall but it's no use. So i just let myself be dragged down the hall and prepare to be interrogated.