💤"ₐₗᵢcₑ, wₐₖₑ ᵤₚ! ₚₗₑₐₛₑ, wₐₖₑ ᵤₚ ₐₗᵢcₑ!"💤

- Alice,
Disney's Alice in Wonderland,
1951.

ʀᴀᴍꜱʜᴀᴄᴋʟᴇ - ᴍᴀꜱᴛᴇʀ ʙᴇᴅʀᴏᴏᴍ

With bellies full and bodies freshly washed, it was time for bed. As you and Grim rest in your... less than perfect bed, Grim sleeps soundly except for you. You toss and turn in discomfort plagued by a vivid dream; a bright light expels from your mirror that soon dims.

The sight beckons you, climbing out of bed you walk towards the mirror to look through the looking glass.

The mirror warped and showed a bright portal, seemingly never ending. A strong vacuum pulls you into the mirror head first before you could even scream in fright.

《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》《♡》

Feeling the warmth of sunlight, smelling fresh roses and.. paint? Opening your eyes you are greeted with the sight of freshly painted rose bushes surrounded by hedges. Three card soldiers are currently working on a bush with dripping red roses and clean white roses, flinging paint and singing a very frightening tune in a merry way.

"We're painting the roses red,
we're painting the roses red.
We dare not stop or waste a drop! So let the paint be spread, we're painting the roses red... We're painting the roses red..!"

You see Alice peek over the edge of the hedge as paint sails over her head. Soon she finds a heart-shaped hedgeway that leads into the part of the maze where the card soldiers are messily painting more white roses red.

"Oh!~ Painting the roses red,
And many a tear we shed."

"Because we know.."

"They'll cease to grow!"

"In fact, they'll soon be dead!"

The cards whimper in fear as more paint is flinged and flunged amongst themselves screaming "No!", they quickly move on to paint another coat on more roses not missing a beat in their song.

"And yet we go ahead! Painting the roses red!"

Wondering why they are doing this unorthodox activity, the girl taps the shoulder of the Three of Clubs, joining in their singing: "Oh, pardon me. But Mister Three, why must you paint them red?" Alice asks the fellow soldier.

The three card soldiers whip their heads towards Alice, confused, as if it wasn't obvious what they were doing.

The Three of Clubs brings her closer towards the white rose bush carefully but quickly slathering the red paint over the white petals of the rose. Explaining to Alice that they've mistakenly planted white roses instead of red and once they found out it was too late to change them since the roses were in full bloom, but the Ace of Hearts and Two of Clubs came up with an ingenious idea of painting over them instead of digging and replanting the correct color.

"The Queen she likes 'em red!
If she saw white instead.."

"She'd raise a fuss.."