𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗱𝗲𝗲𝗿

chapter two
terrified baby deer

Lorelai is preparing the perfect breakfast which is a routine she takes pleasure in

Lorelai is preparing the perfect breakfast which is a routine she takes pleasure in. Starting with the bacon and eggs and then slicing the toast. She brought her focus to the eggs and bacon. "I have a real question. Is there ever a time when Peg isn't pregnant? I seriously don't remember her without a bump." Lorelai laughs.

"There has to be a few days or at least hours when she is giving birth," Jack says leaning against the island.

"She has like 20 kids. Imagine how her life is. Must be crazy." Lorelai says flipping the eggs and bacon.

"I mean come on imagine being able to handle 3 babies that are all under 3, it's crazy." Lorelai feels his body against her as his head nears her ears he whispers "I know you could handle it."

"God." She smiles leaning against his body, she moves her head up looking into his green-blue eyes. "I'd be a complete mess."

"That's why you have me, to help you." Jack kisses her forehead.

"Oh, that reminds me. Could you please help me make sure that everyone likes tuna and also tell me how many people are going to be at the party? I'm making tuna noodle salad for Frank's and I want to make the right amount."

Jack takes a slice of toast and takes a bite from it then pulls the toast near Lorelai's mouth, she then takes a bite of the buttered toast. Jack moves away from her and leans against the counter. He shakes his head "Frank doesn't like tuna."

"Baby, are you serious? I was planning on making that as my centerpiece to my dish." Lorelai frowns.

"I know. I'm sorry. Maybe you could make deviled eggs instead?" Jack suggests.

Lorelai smiles at the idea "You're right, I can make those. Everyone loves them."

Suddenly the house starts to shake, Jack moved across the kitchen holding onto the coffee mugs to ensure they don't spill. Lorelai walks over to the spices and keeps both hands on the row of spices.

Lorelai looks over at Jack "They seem to happen often. This is the third this week."

Jack beams at her. "What?" Lorelai asks clueless.

"Nothing. You're just the best. I'm so lucky." Jack says walking over to her, she nears him and kisses him. Lorelai then backs away and fixes his tie. She walks over to the kitchen island and grabs his lunch giving it to him. Jack walks away from the kitchen and towards the door. Lorelai follows closely and quickly moves in front of him. She pushes him back toward the middle of their home "Wait, wait. I just remembered you can't go to work today."

"Why not?" Jack asks playing along.

Lorelai places the back of her hand on his forehead "You're sick and I should take care of you all day."