17

Just like always, Maisy headed to the empty locker room to fold the towels and hang the clean jerseys

Just like always, Maisy headed to the empty locker room to fold the towels and hang the clean jerseys. She enjoyed her free period where no one bothered her. She didn't have to deal with any of the players, Coach Taylor barely said a word. It was fifty minutes of blissful peace and quiet.

So it was quite a shock to see Smash of all people in the locker room during this time.

As she further walked in, she could only assume she was disrupting a meeting or something. "Should I return later?" she asked out loud.

"No, Maisy, come on in. Smash, Coleman here is going to show you what it's like to be the student manager. You are to listen to her. Got me?" Coach Taylor harshly spoke as Smash stood meekly in front of him. He nodded his head violently back and forth until Coach Taylor began to walk away. "Towels, Maisy. Show him how to fold the towels." he called out, not looking back.

"So what did you do that Coach has you on towel duty? Not that I mind, it's nice having help with this," Maisy conversed, as she walked over to the stand, where she would fold the set of freshly washed towels in front of her. It was one of her more tedious tasks.

"Eh, I don't want to talk about it. You do all this?" Smash asked, shocked. He picked up a towel trying to fold it like her. Though she moved to quickly and her fingers were nimble.

"Uh, I do more than just make copies of plays created and sit and watch you guys while looking pretty during practice. I hang your uniforms in your lockers, clean your gear and helmets, I make sure the towels are folded before practice. I fill up the water containers before practice and games. Plus, I keep you all in line, which is almost a full-time job in itself some days," Maisy explained, giving Smash a look.

"Damn, Coleman. This is like a prison sentence... oh, I didn't mean it like that but uh you know—What made you do this? I mean if your answer is the team, then I can understand—"

"I was lacking physical education credits. A whole semester," Maisy explained. "It hasn't been all that bad."

"Yeah, Riggins, right," Smash winked once more. Maisy just looked at him blankly. She had no response for that. "I thought you and Riggins were getting kind of tight if you know what I mean," Smash asked, winking at Maisy. She made a disgusted face, trying to forget he just said that.

"We are, uh, I don't really know. He kind of said something I can't forget. Plus, I'm kind of also pissed about that calendar."

"Oh that. Come on, it's just fun. The rally girls love doing it," Smash boasted, gleaming just thinking about it.

"It's honestly not even that. I just wish he would apologize for what he said.... why are we even discussing this. Fold the towels," Maisy instructed as she noticed Smash just standing there listening to her.