esqueleto

❝ season one, episode three❞

"Cyberbullying is no laughing matter, sending cruel messages to someone online can be just as hurt as saying it to their face." Blatt explained.

Janiya really wasn't listening, she was too busy scrolling through her phone as usual.

"I'm not gonna name names but the other day a mother called me up because her son was crying after some kids made fun of his facial deformity."

Janiya knew exactly who she was talking about. Yesterday her and Eli planned on studying for a project at his house and she caught him crying in his room.

"Go away mom!"

"I'm not your ma," Janiya opened the door. "what you crying for?"

"It's nothing." He replied wiping his tears.
"You're lying." Janiya said, squinting her eyes. Eli handed her his phone, showing her the messages he was receiving.

It was messages talking about his lip and how ugly he was. Janiya furrowed her eyesbrows and looked at him, "You're seriously crying over this shit? This scar is prety cool."

"So you really think it's cool." Eli eyes lit up. "Yeah, it enhances your attractiveness." Janiya smiled.

"Oh." The boy's cheeks turned red.

"Not....Not that I personally find you attractive- I'm not calling you ugly because you're sure as hell not. Well I mean you are hot- Let's just study alright."

Almost everyone was looking at Eli. The boy lifted his hand up and covered his scar.
Jainya shook her head and went back to her phone.

"You know if you're sick of getting bullied our karate dojo's looking for recruits." Miguel suggested. "Yeah right you hear that Eli? A little karate training and you're gonna kick some major ass." Demetri sarcastically said.

If he only knew.

"Well Miguel learned how to throw a punch in one day." Janiya added. "I'm serious Demetri, our sensei's the real deal. I'm sure I could get you both discounts." Miguel stated.

"Well as enticing as that sounds, i think we'd rather spend our afternoons playing Crucible Control than getting punched in the face." Demetri sighed. "I'm pretty sure Eli can make his own choices." Janiya rolled her eyes.

"Also while we're lookkng forward to the Halloween dance, let's make sure our costumes or culturally sensitive. For example, instead of 'sexy nurse' maybe try 'gender-neutral hospital employee' instead."

After school the Freeman siblings got ready for their school dances. Janiya and Marcus dropped off Destiny and Dezmon, then headed to their school.

"be back at 8:30 sharp." The two dapped each other up and went their separate ways.

They barely interacted on school grounds because of how different they were outside the house. Marcus was outgoing and had a large group of friends, while Janiya was recluse and preferred her social bubble to be small.

"Skeleton, classic. nice." Demetri nodded. "Thanks, I like your sorcerer costume." Miguel smiled. "Sorcerer? Please I'm a necromancer." Demetri corrected.

Miguel furrowed his eyebrows, "Huh?"

"Didn't you see 'The Amulet'?" Demetri questioned. "Amulet? Like Sofia the first?"
Janiya aksed, walking towards them.
The three boys turned around and stared at the girl in awe. She was wearing a spandex Spiderman suit that showed off her curves.

"What?"

"Nothing.....Nothing it's just that you look good." Miguel replied and the boys nodded in agreement. The group stood there next to the punch table, Janiya scrolling through her phone and the boys were planning on asking the dragon queens for a dance.

"Shit!" Miguel cursed. "We just lost another one to Docter Who."

"I have to go to the bathroom." Eli spoke. "Yeah me too, that punch went right through me." Demetri added. "You're on your third one that's why, anyways I'll be at the snack table."

The three of them left and Janiya walked over to the snack table, and met a girl named Aisha. They exchanged names and all but never had an actual conversation.

Janiya pulled her phone put as it buzzed. It was a video of her and Aisha standing at the snack table with pig fliters on.

'The buffet table is under attack!!'

The entire gymnasium laughed at the two girls. Aisha hung her head low and stormed out. Janiya on the other hand stood there with a blank expression.
She really didn't care about the post, she knew damn well she wasn't a pig. Janiya put her phone away and walked out of the gymnasium.

She froze at the entrance to the boys' locker room after hearing a commotion. She slowly turned around and walked in seeing Miguel getting jumped.

She opened the gate and pulled Kyler off of him, slamming him against the lockers. "Get the fuck off me!" Kyler yelled.

"You didn't learn the last time?" She asked, before punching him in the face. The girl shoved his head inside of a locker and repeatedly slammed the door against his head. "Don't let it happen again." She warned, Kyler's friends helped him up and ran off.

She walked over to the unconscious Miguel, placing her fingers on his neck. "Thank god." She sighed in relief.

©𝐒𝐏𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐘𝟑𝐗