when you have a nightmare [park sunghoon]

Your eyes flew open as you struggled to breathe, little crystals forming on the sides of your eyes. Your knuckles were white from having your hands into such tight fists, nails digging into your palms.

You gasped for air, but you felt suffocated as if the darkness had wrapped itself around you. You couldn't blink, you could only stare at your bare ceiling as you recalled the nightmare over and over again.

It felt so real.

You didn't realize you were letting out small cries until you heard your door opening and figure making itself towards you.

You shot your head towards the silhouette and let out a scream of fear, falling off the bed in the process and covering your ears. Tears streamed down your face as you slammed into the nightstand behind you, the lamp almost falling on you if someone hadn't reached their hand out to grab it.

"Oh my God, y/n! Are you okay?" You heard the surprised yet gentle voice of your boyfriend say as he quickly placed the lamp back on the nightstand and kneeled down to you. Close up, you could see his furrowed brows and soft, concerned eyes and you calmed down slightly.

"I-I-I-I p-p-please n-n-no" You tried to speak, but the shakiness in your voice and fogged up brain prevented you from saying what you wanted only causing more tears to fall.

"Hey hey..." He gently held your wrists, pulling them away from your ears, "it's okay, I'm here now..." He used his thumbs to wipe away the tears from your cheeks, "Was it a nightmare?" He asked, to which you could only nod your head to.

"Oh, my love..." He moved his hands from your face to under your knees and your lower back, lifting you up bridal style and laying you on the bed, climbing in right next to you and pulling the covers over the both of you.

Sunghoon pulled your head into his chest and stroked your hair and back, placing his chin on top of your head, "I'm sure you don't want to talk about it, right? Is this position okay for you?"

"Y-yes." You replied, sniffling. You had calmed down immensely, but was still shaken up, "It f-felt to so r-real, hoon...I'm scared t-to sleep."

"I know, I know..." He kissed the top of your head, giving you a small squeeze, "I know your scared, but it wasn't real, hm? I'll stay here all night and protect you from all those evil nightmares."

You took a shaky breath, holding him closer, "Please stay with me..."

"I will...I love you."

"mmm, I love you too." With that, you felt your body relaxing and your eyes falling shut, being sure to give his neck a small kiss before falling asleep.