Four

"...He was the living embodiment of magic..."

The older brothers refrained from rolling their eyes at their baby brother. Ignoring his declaration of moving to the Moon Palace forever, they followed the Prince to their designated rooms for the night.

"Can you really make our wishes come true?" Max asked.

Merlin nodded. "Of course. What do you wish for, young one?"

"Uh...Mr. Moon Prince?"

"It's Merlin."

"Okay...Merlin. Can we keep our wishes for later? Or do we have to make our wishes now?"

"So you do believe me?" Merlin raised an eyebrow.

Johnson retorted. "I never said I did. But I'm playing along for my kid brother. You understand, right?"

 You understand, right?"

Merlin nodded.

"You're our guests now. We do not rush our guests into making wishes as soon as they drop into our world. You are allowed to take as long as you need."

"Uh...Merlin?"

Merlin smiled. "Yes, Harry?"

"How does the wishing work? I mean..."

"Well, to tell you the short version of the story, each of you get three wishes to make. Once you make them, you can go back to your world."

"So...wait, we're only here until we make a wish? If we don't...we get to stay here forever?"

Merlin chuckled. "Yes, Max. But no one usually stays back. They all leave once they get what they want."

The hallway went silent for a few seconds. Merlin might've said that with a chuckle, but that statement was heavy enough to pull the entire atmosphere down.