Chapter 7: Lost in the masquerade

I decided to enter the house. The smile on my face suddenly erased as I remembered something that I can not tell. I'm overthinking. I think about what will happen if I tell them who am I.

I entered the house, I thought Mom is on her room taking a rest. I knew that Ryan is on his room at this hour. I was about to go upstairs then Mom called my name in a serios way.

"Riyo, can we have a talk?" Mom asked and she turned off the TV."

I shift my eyes down the floor. "Yes, what it is about?" I asked her back and I feel shivers down my feet.

"Who's him?" She asked. I know who's asking me about. She also noticed that I've been feeling lonely last week.

"He's my classmate." I looked into her eyes.

I guess, this should be the right time to tell her. She's my Mom, I know she'll understand me by any chance.

"Mom?" I asked. "Yes, sweetie? Come here, sit next to me." She said and offered me a space.

My eyes were getting hot as my tears are about to form. "Can I be everything?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" She asked me with her widely opened eyes.

"Lately, I've been asking myself who am I. It makes me anxious everytime I think over it. Mom, will you still accept me for being like this? Mom, I didn't know why. But, I'm starting to like someone who's the same gender as mine." The atmosphere of the living room became silent. We looked for each other for a long time.

I didn't heard any words from her. I can't tell if she's mad or surprised. But instead, she opened her arms and hugged me tightly.

"Oh, Sweetie. Why you didn't tell me what you feel? Why did you hide it from me?" She asked and we became emotional, weeping on each other's back.

"I thought you might be mad." I said and wiped my tears.

"Why should I? You're still my son. You can be what you want, Sweetie. Love is too beautiful to be hidden, remember that." She replied and turned to see me.

"I love you, Mom." I said and hugged her tight. "I love you too, Riyo. I'll never leave you two." She said back. I went upstairs to take a rest. It's late in the evening.

I changed my clothes and I wear my pajamas. I checked my phone to see the time. Sandra's message popped on my screen.

"Riyo. Where are you? Can we have a talk." Sandra asked me.

"Do you want me to go on your house?" I replied. "If you have a time. Come on, you have to tell me something." She replied.

I went to her home with my pajamas. It's eight in the evening. I texted her that I'm in front of her house.

Sandra noticed that I just cried earlier. I think she already knows why. As I entered their house, I saw her Grandma on the kitchen. She's busy in making tea. I seated beside Sandra at the living room. She started to ask me everything.

"So, when did it started?" She asked.

"I don't know when, I just find out that I am attached with him. Is this wrong? What do I have to do?" I asked and stared directly to her eyes.