Chapter: 15

*1 Month Later*

I'd just gotten married, I was in fact pregnant and I was currently out to dinner with Roy, Jeremy and Marie. Everything was working out perfectly and I couldn't be more happy with how things turned out.

"Babe, are you gonna finish that?" Roy leaned over and poked at my breaded shrimp with his chopsticks.

"Yes!" I swatted his hand away and we all laughed.

"So, how's Rebecca?" Marie turned to me.

"She called me just the other day, she's doing great. Oh! Guess what Gene did,"

"What?" She leaned in excitedly.

"He told her he loves her." I cooed, receiving an 'Aww' from her and a playful eye roll from the boys.

"You guys are total yentas." Jeremy chuckled.

"That isn't a bad thing! We also happen to be experts at match making." I defended.

"Not to mention experts at sticking your nose in everybody's business." Roy smirked.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by the sound of a gigantic explosion.

"What the hell was that?" A few guys stood up and walked to the door, Roy following closely behind.

I started to stand, "Roy-"

"Stay put." He ordered and I looked down, sighing.

"He always wants to go alone," I felt my pistol tucked securely in the back of my pants. "It's like he doesn't remember that I used to save his life for a living." I stood up as I heard people start screaming in the streets.

"I'll stay back and make sure Marie stays safe." Jeremy looked up at me. I nodded.

"Riza," Marie grabbed my arm. "I'll be waiting. Don't get yourself hurt and remember, your body is now the baby's body. Be careful with it."

"I promise." I hugged her tightly then started for the door.

I looked around for Roy and made my way toward him. "Roy, what's-" I stared in horror as an army of the Mannequin Soldiers stood before us. A cloud of black smoke was rising from a lab down the street.

They were biting into people left and right. Despite the efforts people made to stop them, they refused to die.

"Why didn't you stay inside?" He said angrily.

"I needed to made sure you were alright, sir." I widened my eyes and his brows furrowed in confusion.

"I'm sorry. I guess this just makes me feel like I'm still a soldier."

"No matter what, you'll always be my favorite lieutenant." He assured me then turned his attention back to the task at hand.

"Everybody step away from the monsters, The Flame Alchemist will take it from here!" He yelled and everybody ran indoors.

"Go for their legs." He told me and I nodded.

*

*Marie's POV*

A man rushed in and shut the door behind him, shoving things in front of it. "Everybody was ordered to go back inside, I wouldn't-" A hand broke through the glass and wrapped it's arm around his neck. Everybody screamed and a few men ran over to help him.

"What if these things are all over town?!" I panicked. "What about Alice?!"

Jeremy pulled me into his arms and kissed my forehead. "I'm sure she's fine."