2

It's the next night when it begins thunderstorms. Upama was lying on her bed when a sudden crack of thunder makes her jump out of her skin. She never finds the reason why she is scared of thunders. Maybe, the reason was, in her childhood, a boy in her town died due to thunders. It's one of the fears she never told anyone out loud. Only three people know this. Her own mother, Maria, and Karan. The tragedy is no one is with her right now.

Maria because one day she and Upama were having a sleepover and that was a stormy night. And, Karan, because, he's the one Upama ends up calling when she can't take the noises anymore. Also, she'd be lying if she ever says, right now she is not craving the way his arms always wrap around her.

Another Crack. She tries to be brave and goes under the duvet and cuddles her pillow tightly, muffles, trying so hard not to pick up the damn phone and call Karan. She knows, her best friend won't mind but he needs rest, right? A night of proper sleep. She can't call him all the time and ask him to fix her when she is scared or broken. She won't call him. Nope. Not a chance. If she needs it, she'll call Maria but she won't disturb Karan.

The door suddenly opens in a rush. Upama slowly removes the duvet and tilts her head to see what happened just now. A very familiar figure standing and watching her with a worried look.

Crack-

He hurriedly closes the door and sits on the bed, pulling the duvet on him and wrapping his arms around her waist. Without wasting a moment, she melts in his arms and holds him tightly.

'I was expecting you to call me or text me to come.' He says, kissing her head.

'I didn't want to disturb you.'

'Seriously?! Oh please- shut the fuck up, Curly!' He slips those words lazily from his mouth and rolls his eyes, holding her tightly.

He presses some soft kisses on her forehead and plays with her fingers because he knows she likes it. It'll help her to stay distracted. The smell of his skin gives her every comfort. Feels like she belongs here. Just here, in his arms. Soon and slowly, everything goes black-

In the morning, they wake up by 'awwws' from two voices. Maria and Charlie. Upama stutters her eyelashes, trying to open her eyes properly. When she does she finds herself in Karan's arms. Her hands are over his chest, tightly holding the shirt he is wearing. She looks up, watching him sleeping cutely. She watches every single detail of his face. The way his cotton lips are pressed with each other. The way his eyes are closed. His jawline, his cheekbones, everything.

'Done checking me out?' He mumbles and causes her to jump off his arms. He knew she was watching him. Oops! His eyes are closed but still smirking. Her cheeks turn into deep velvet.

'Spent a happy night together, lovebirds?' Charlie says in a girly tone.

She turns red more. Little does she knows, Karan behind her, who just opened his eyes is also crimson like her.

'In case you lovebirds forgot, you two have to go on the set today.' Maria says leaning against the door, holding back a laugh.

'We know.' Upama and Karan said in Unison, making Maria & Charlie laugh. They leave the room, giving the best friends some alone time.

Karan leans in and rests his chin over her shoulder as she is in front of him and backing at him. Upama can feel the shivers running down her spine.

'Call me whenever you need me. You get it, whenever.' He mumbles on her shoulder.

She lets out a 'Yes' but to be honest, she has no idea what he just said as her whole attention is on the way his breath is hitting her neck and the way his chin is laying over her skin as if it belongs to him. Wanting him to move and use his lips on hers instead of the chin- Ugh, here we go again.