Feelings For Frederick

"Amaya"

His eyes travel from her blue eyes, down to her shoulder, and land on her full bosom. He is thunderstruck beyond words, trying his hardest to pull his gaze away from it, which he ultimately accomplishes after great self-control.

She turns her back to him and he instantly feels bad for making her feel embarrassed. He couldn't help it, especially when she was standing in front of him bare-chested.

"Frederick" she calls out as she turns back to stare at him. This is the first time she is seeing him after ten years, yet, the connection they had back then still lingers. He is more manly now and incredibly striking. Way taller and more virile than Lucan. His intense eyes make her stutter and no matter how hard she tries, she can't rid herself of his intent gaze.

"Where... How have you been?" she asks, unsure of the right questions to ask.

"The neighboring kingdom. I have a pack now" he announces apathetically as he sits on the grassy floor and Amaya plops beside him.

"Why are you there?"

"My brother is king" he explains, inducing Amaya to crease her eyebrows in confusion.

"Of course he is. What does that have to do with anything?"

"I'm his brother, I can't be here while he's king"

"Oh," Amaya mumbles, not bothering to ask any more questions

"I heard you were here and I" he turns to look at her. "I came to check on you"

Something stir in Amaya as soon as he utters those words. He is still the same, caring for her well-being, the way he did 10 years back "What will happen if you get caught here?"

He chuckles unamusingly. "Probably get beheaded at the king's order"

"That is so cruel," Amaya remarks with absolute contempt.

"I thought you were in danger"

"No" Amaya answers plainly.

Fredrick falls on his back and lies on the grass. Amaya does the same. Their head touches each other, but their body apart, making a perfect adjacent.

Frederick points to the sky and speaks. "Remember when we used to watch the stars at night?

Amaya smiles as the memories flood back. "And that used to be my favorite" she points at one of them. "I would pray continually for it to shoot so I could make a wish. I had no idea shooting stars didn't work like that" she chuckles at her folly, but abruptly stops as she feels his hot breath on her neck.

She turns to look at Frederick who is extremely close to her, staring at her intently. Her heartbeat promptly picks up pace and her breathing increases. He cups her chin, using his thumb to caress her bottom lips, causing her to quiver in reaction to his touch.

He is about to kiss her when she blurts out. "I'm Lucan's mate" 

The moment she blurts those words, the emotions in his eyes all drain away. He sits up, taking some time to process what she has just said. It mystifies him since he is aware of the strong connection they both had, which is just as powerful as that of mates.

"I'm sorry" she adds, touching him lightly on his shoulder.

"You don't have to be," he says to her as he gets up. Amaya follows suit. "Having a mate isn't a thing of choice is it?"

"No, but... " She tries to speak, but he doesn't let her finish.

"Nothing" he cups her chin with both hands "But nothing Amaya" he hesitates before speaking again. "You look happy" he adds and subsequently leaves her chin as he crouches to get the sword he had earlier dropped.

"So you are leaving now?"

"I have no business here. As I said, I thought you were in danger because of what happened to you and your family 10 years ago" he states gruffly and Amaya clamps her lips together.

He begins to walk away and that shatters Amaya's heart. She doesn't want him to stay away even for a second. That is a selfish request, but she can't help it.

"Where do you stay, so I can visit" she walks as fast as she can to meet up to his fast strides.

"Does it matter?"

Tears well up in her eyes. "Yes it does," she says amidst a sob and he abruptly stops when he hears her weep. "I don't want you to be angry at me" she further pleads.

The steely look on Frederick's face softens as he walks back to where she is, sobbing. "No, I can never be angry at you," he assures her truthfully. He isn't furious at her, he is furious at the moon goddess for giving the woman he loves another mate instead of him.

"I have to go. My pack is in the neighboring kingdom. Wind winder's pack. You are more than welcome to visit anytime you want"  he informs her and is about to leave, but Amaya doesn't let him go just yet. She holds his arms and hugs him, taking him by surprise. He hugs her back, pressing her head against his firm chest as he strokes her hair.

"That's enough Amaya," he mumbles softly even though he is not yet ready to let her go. She reluctantly redraws her hand and Frederick turns to leave. As he walks away, Amaya prays he turns to look at her one more time, but he doesn't. He slowly disappears into thick night and void overtakes Amaya's heart

She wipes the tears from her eyes and begins to drag her feet back to the palace. The moment she steps her feet on the foyer, she sights a worried-looking Lucan, speaking to three guards. He is probably assigning them to look for her, Amaya induces inwardly.

"Lucan" she calls out in a shaky whisper, loud enough for him to hear.

He turns to look at her and his eyes immediately look relieved. "Amaya where have you been?" he asks as he hurries towards her with a displeased look on his face.

The moment he gets to where she is, she doesn't say anything, rather, she hugs him tightly as she sobs on his chest.

Lucan is surprised, but that doesn't stop him from stroking her hair lightly. "It's okay," he consoles softly

"Hold me, Lucan, hold me" she mumbles inaudibly even though Lucan's hand is already fastened around her.

*She just wants to feel something*